The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,693,353 members ⚫ 1,195,028 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Springer Netherlands 2013; US$ 83.82
The study of its literature is a useful guide to the degree of sexual security existing in a culture. ' When a future historian comes to treat of the social taboos of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries in a fourteen-volume life-work, his theories of the existence of an enormous secret language of bawdry and an immense oral literature of obscene... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 83.82
1. The Dialectic of the Sex-Motif in Literature Sex is a function of culture; in literature today it plays only a small though aggressively righteous part. Nature, long held in bondage, periodically breaks out in revolt, but its victory is never complete. In every society, prim itive as well as modem, the sexual instinct is for good or evil always... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 119.75
I gladly take this opportunity to convey my heartfelt thanks to those who have guided me on my way as an undergraduate and who have enabled me through their teachings and friendly advice to proceed to preparing for this doctorate thesis. I should like first of all to thank Prof. C. L. Wrenn, M. A., now of Pembroke College, Oxford, who has always been... more...
- F+W Media 2013; US$ 12.95 US$ 10.62
Learn to speak and write German like a pro! Need a quick introduction to the German language? Whether you're planning a vacation, adding a valuable second language to your resume, or simply brushing up on your skills, The Everything Essential German Book is your perfect guide for learning to speak and write in German. This portable guide covers... more...
- De Gruyter 2014; US$ 119.71
Mit diesem Buch liegt eine Neubearbeitung des Standardwerkes von Ingerid Dal über die deutsche Syntax in ihrer historischen Entwicklung vor. Seit dem Erscheinen der letzten Auflage hat die Erforschung der deutschen Sprachgeschichte erhebliche Fortschritte gemacht. Die wichtigsten Ergebnisse für die Syntax sind hier eingearbeitet, ohne... more...
- Dorling Kindersley Ltd 2013; Not Available
An innovative visual approach to learning and using basic German phrases Do you need to brush up on your German, or learn the language full stop? Then pick up a copy of German Visual Phrase Book and start learning today. Whether you're visiting Germany for business or pleasure, you want to make sure you're understood and this guide will ensure... more...
- Princeton University Press 2014; US$ 38.95 US$ 31.16
Richard McCormick examines the concepts of postmodernity and postmodernism as they apply to West Germany, discussing them against the background of cultural and political upheaval in that country since the 1960s, rather than exclusively in the more familiar setting of intellectual history. Considering six literary and cinematic texts that are marked... more...
- Elsevier Science 2013; US$ 72.95
Uber Deutschland: A Reader on German Affairs is a collection of articles and essays from various German sources that can be used by students learning the German language. The book contains a variety of extracts from public speeches, official reports, essays, newspaper articles, and interviews. The text offers general knowledge and information on... more...