The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,794,961 members ⚫ 1,236,034 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- De Gruyter 2013; US$ 126.78
Little attention has been devoted to date to the literary potential of exempla from the Late Middle Ages. This work sheds light on the content as well as the methods of German-language prose exempla, elucidating the contexts surrounding their production and reception. The study focuses on a manuscript from the convent of St. Mary Magdalen... more...
- Wiley 2013; US$ 34.99 US$ 30.99
Learn to speak German? Easy. German All-in-One For Dummies conveniently combines titles from the German Dummies library into one handy guide that covers all of the bases of the German language. For those looking to master fluency in this popular language, this book and CD combo are an efficient and logical choice. German All-in-One For Dummies... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 56.98
claim is that such morphological processes can be learnt without symbolization and innate knowledge. See Rumelhart and McClelland (1986) for the original model of past tense acquisition, Plunkett and Marchman (1993), Nakisa, Plunkett and Hahn (1996) and Elman et al. (1996) for developments and extensions to other morphological processes, and Marcus... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 81.38
FRANCIS BULHOF "What was Modernism?" That is the title of an address delivered in June of 1960 by the eminent comparatist Harry Levin at Queen's University in King ston, Ontario.1 Apparently, more than a decade ago, in the eyes of this per ceptive analyst of literature and the arts, the modernist movement had become a thing of the past. Having acquired... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2013; US$ 73.98
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 73.98
First edition This grammar arose from the need for a concise presentation of the essentials of the Dutch language which could be used both for independent home study and in groups or classes under formal instruction. With the former aim in mind, the explanations have been made as self-explanatory as possible, and a complete key to the exercises has... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2013; US$ 81.38
The study of its literature is a useful guide to the degree of sexual security existing in a culture. ' When a future historian comes to treat of the social taboos of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries in a fourteen-volume life-work, his theories of the existence of an enormous secret language of bawdry and an immense oral literature of obscene... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 81.38
1. The Dialectic of the Sex-Motif in Literature Sex is a function of culture; in literature today it plays only a small though aggressively righteous part. Nature, long held in bondage, periodically breaks out in revolt, but its victory is never complete. In every society, prim itive as well as modem, the sexual instinct is for good or evil always... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 116.26
I gladly take this opportunity to convey my heartfelt thanks to those who have guided me on my way as an undergraduate and who have enabled me through their teachings and friendly advice to proceed to preparing for this doctorate thesis. I should like first of all to thank Prof. C. L. Wrenn, M. A., now of Pembroke College, Oxford, who has always been... more...