The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,817,579 members ⚫ 1,261,085 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Birkhäuser Basel 2012; US$ 108.47
20. Pattern recognition and statistical learning theory (the theory of support vector machines). See , . In this last volume we refer in particular to the papers  and . Since this topic is maybe less known to the operator theory community we mention that the support vector method is a general approach to function estimation problems.... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2009; US$ 70.00 US$ 63.70
The book provides a comprehensive overview of the characterizations of real normed spaces as inner product spaces based on norm derivatives and generalizations of the most basic geometrical properties of triangles in normed spaces. Since the appearance of Jordan-von Neumann's classical theorem (The Parallelogram Law) in 1935, the field of characterizations... more...
- Springer Basel 2011; US$ 151.87
This commemorative volume honors mathematician Paul R. Halmos, whose research, unparalleled mathematical exposition, and dedication to service made a major impact on the mathematics community. Various articles discuss his contributions to the operator theory. more...
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 46.64
This book bridges a gap between introductory and high-level textbooks, showing how calculus on normed vector spaces extends the basic calculus of functions of several variables. Includes many non-trivial applications of the theory and interesting exercises. more...
- Elsevier Science 2005; US$ 116.95
Building on the success of the two previous editions, Introduction to Hilbert Spaces with Applications, 3E, offers an overview of the basic ideas and results of Hilbert space theory and functional analysis. It acquaints students with the Lebesgue integral, and includes an enhanced presentation of results and proofs. Students and researchers will benefit... more...
- Birkhäuser Basel 2007; US$ 141.02
This volume contains contributions written by participants of the 4th Workshop on Operator Theory in Krein Spaces and Applications, held at the TU Berlin, Germany, December 17 to 19, 2004. The workshop covered topics from spectral, perturbation, and extension theory of linear operators and relations in inner product spaces. more...
- Birkhäuser Basel 2006; US$ 162.71
A colloquium on operator theory was held in Vienna, Austria, in March 2004, on the occasion of the retirement of Heinz Langer, a leading expert in operator theory and indefinite inner product spaces. The book contains fifteen refereed articles reporting on recent and original results in various areas of operator theory, all of them related with the... more...
- De Gruyter 2011; US$ 173.52
This book presents a systematic approach to a solution theory for linear partial differential equations developed in a Hilbert space setting based on a Sobolev lattice structure, a simple extension of the well-established notion of a chain (or scale) of Hilbert spaces. The focus on a Hilbert space setting (rather than on an apparently more general... more...