The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,757,227 members ⚫ 1,221,934 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Birkhäuser Basel 2012; US$ 106.24
20. Pattern recognition and statistical learning theory (the theory of support vector machines). See , . In this last volume we refer in particular to the papers  and . Since this topic is maybe less known to the operator theory community we mention that the support vector method is a general approach to function estimation problems.... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2009; US$ 70.00 US$ 63.70
The book provides a comprehensive overview of the characterizations of real normed spaces as inner product spaces based on norm derivatives and generalizations of the most basic geometrical properties of triangles in normed spaces. Since the appearance of Jordan-von Neumann's classical theorem (The Parallelogram Law) in 1935, the field of characterizations... more...
- Birkhäuser Basel 2006; US$ 38.11
This book contains two sets of notes prepared for the Advanced Course on R- sey Methods in Analysis given at the Centre de Recerca Matem` atica in January 2004, as part of its year-long research programme on Set Theory and its Appli- tions. The common goal of the two sets of notes is to help young mathematicians enter a very active area of research... more...
- Springer Basel 2011; US$ 148.74
This commemorative volume honors mathematician Paul R. Halmos, whose research, unparalleled mathematical exposition, and dedication to service made a major impact on the mathematics community. Various articles discuss his contributions to the operator theory. more...
- Elsevier Science 1987; US$ 72.95
This classic work by the late Stefan Banach has been translated into English so as to reach a yet wider audience. It contains the basics of the algebra of operators, concentrating on the study of linear operators, which corresponds to that of the linear forms a 1 x 1 + a 2 x 2 + ... + a n x n of algebra. The book gathers results concerning linear... more...
- Springer New York 2010; US$ 106.24
This book is concerned with basic results on Cauchy problems associated with nonlinear monotone operators in Banach spaces with applications to partial differential equations of evolutive type.This is a monograph about the most significant results obtained in this area in last decades but is also written as a graduate textbook on modern methods in... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 90.30
In a revised edition, this book presents basic results of the theory of convex sets and functions in infinite-dimensional spaces. Includes new results on advanced concepts of subdifferential for convex functions and new duality results in convex programming. more...
- Cambridge University Press 1971; US$ 52.00
The authors develop various applications, in particular to the study of Banach algebras where the numerical range provides an important link between the algebraic and metric structures. more...