The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- DK Publishing 2010; US$ 12.99
Amazing Space Q&A explores the final frontier, from cosmic dust to supergiant stars. Bursting with eye-opening questions and revealing answers, the book tells tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the universe (but were afraid to ask!). more...
- Springer New York 2011; US$ 44.95
This coffee-table book depicts famous features of the southern sky, such as the Magellanic Clouds and the Tarantula Nebula, as well as the brilliant star cluster Pismis 24, the beautiful NGC 1532-1 pair of interacting galaxies and the radiant Toby Jug Nebula. more...
- Elsevier Science 2011; US$ 109.95
* The first book to combine satellite and terrestrial positioning techniques - vital for the understanding and development of new technologies * Written and edited by leading experts in the field, with contributors belonging to the European Commission's FP7 Network of Excellence NEWCOM++ Applications to a wide range of fields, including sensor networks,... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2011; US$ 205.00
The book gathers articles that were exposed during the seventh edition of the Workshop Data Analysis in Astronomy. It illustrates a current trend to search for common expressions or models transcending usual disciplines, possibly associated with some lack in the Mathematics required to model complex systems. In that, data analysis would... more...
- Bentham Science Publishers 2010; US$ 49.00
The book is trying to explain the main features of Celestial Mechanics using a new technique (in this, it is very unique). Its emphasis, in terms of applications, is on the Solar System, including its most peculiar properties (such as chaos, resonances, relativistic corrections, etc.). All results are derived in a reasonably transparent manner, so... more...
- Columbia University Press 2001; US$ 27.99
One of the great paradoxes of modern times is that the more scientists understand the natural world, the more we discover that our everyday beliefs about it are wrong. Astronomy, in particular, is one of the most misunderstood scientific disciplines. With the participation of thousands of undergraduate students, Neil F. Comins has identified and... more...
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 129.00
This unique volume forestalls the scientific injustice that could have been inflicted on William Gascoigne. The captivating narrative tracks the gradual recovery of the 17 th -century astronomer?s trailblazing work on the telescopic sight and the micrometer. more...
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 44.95
The revised 2nd edition of this popular book adds much new material, including a guide to sketching double stars and tips on imaging doube stars of unequal brightness. Includes access to double star catalogs, software and more via the Springer Extras web site. more...