The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Springer Netherlands 2007; US$ 279.00
Selected papers from the Fourth Meeting on Celestial Mechanics, CELMEC IV San Martino al Cimino (Italy), 11-16 September 2005 more...
- De Gruyter 2002; US$ 321.00
Der neue Band der Gesamtausgabe, die seit 1973 erscheint, bringt Schriften zur Dokumentation der Aufnahme der Copernicanischen Lehre. Es werden nicht nur der volle Wortlaut der ausschließlich in ihren Vorworten bekannten auf die Copernicanische Wende bezüglichen Texte ediert, sondern auch die frühen Kommentare bzw. Erläuterungen zum Hauptwerk,... more...
- De Gruyter 2015; US$ 350.00
This volume contains commentaries, annotations, and a German translation of the texts published in Volume VIII, 1 on the reception and dissemination of Copernican theory in the 16 th century. In addition to analyzing the works of Georg Joachim Rheticus (1514?1574) on heliocentric cosmology, it provides extensive interpretation of the... more...
- De Gruyter 2003; US$ 126.00
Completely revised and updated edition. The book covers the entire field of satellite geodesy (status spring/\break summer 2002). Basic chapters on reference systems, time, signal propagation, and satellite orbits are updated. All currently important observation methods are included and also all newly launched satellites of interest... more...
- Elsevier Science 2011; US$ 137.00
* The first book to combine satellite and terrestrial positioning techniques - vital for the understanding and development of new technologies * Written and edited by leading experts in the field, with contributors belonging to the European Commission's FP7 Network of Excellence NEWCOM++ Applications to a wide range of fields, including sensor networks,... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 1987; US$ 65.00
The main topics covered by the book regard the new developments of the methods and computer architectures in the field of Data Analysis in Astronomy and Astrophysics. The materials presented here is comprehensive and of interest to both experts in data analysis and students of an high degree course. The text is derived from lectures given during the... more...
- Springer New York 2011; US$ 44.95
This coffee-table book depicts famous features of the southern sky, such as the Magellanic Clouds and the Tarantula Nebula, as well as the brilliant star cluster Pismis 24, the beautiful NGC 1532-1 pair of interacting galaxies and the radiant Toby Jug Nebula. more...
- Hackett Publishing Company, Inc. 2014; US$ 10.95
In 1633, the Roman Inquisition condemned Galileo as a suspected heretic for defending Copernicus's hypothesis of the earth's motion and denying the scientific authority of Scripture. This book draws upon Maurice A. Finocchiaro's earlier works, especially The Galileo Affair: A Documentary History (1989), to provide a brief, new documentary history... more...
- Springer London 2006; US$ 44.95
This book covers the "why," "how," and "what" of astronomy under light-polluted skies. It is aimed at urban astronomers and showcases the countless objects - galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters - that can be seen in even in heavily light polluted urban skies. more...