The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,629,807 members ⚫ 1,172,494 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- De Gruyter 2005; US$ 545.00
The key point of the monograph is the classification of periodic functions introduced by the author and developed methods that enable one to solve, within the framework of a common approach, traditional problems of approximation theory for large collections of periodic functions. The main results are fairly complete and are presented in the form of... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2007; US$ 144.00
A sequel to Unexpected Links Between Egyptian and Babylonian Mathematics (World Scientific, 2005), this book is based on the authors intensive and ground breaking studies of the long history of Mesopotamian mathematics, from the late 4th to the late 1st millennium BC. It is argued in the book that several of the most famous Greek mathematicians... more...
- Birkhäuser Basel 2007; US$ 109.00
Winner of the Ferran Sunyer i Balaguer Prize 2006 more...
- Birkhäuser Basel 2008; US$ 159.00
Operator theory and functional analysis have a long tradition, initially being guided by problems from mathematical physics and applied mathematics. Much of the work in Banach spaces from the 1930s onwards resulted from investigating how much real (and complex) variable function theory might be extended to fu- tions taking values in (function) spaces... more...
- Birkhäuser Basel 2008; US$ 149.00
This volume is a thorough and comprehensive treatise on vector measures, treating the vectorial Radon integration in detail. It explores an interplay between, on the one side, linear operators, transferring real (complex) functions onto elements of locally convex Hausdorff spaces, and vector-valued measures, on the other. The book contains not only... more...
- Birkhäuser Boston 2007; US$ 129.00
* Exciting exposition integrates history, philosophy, and mathematics * Combines a mathematical analysis of approximation theory with an engaging discussion of the differing philosophical underpinnings behind its development * Appendices containing biographical data on numerous eminent mathematicians, explanations of Russian nomenclature and academic... more...
- Birkhäuser Basel 2006; US$ 69.99
This book documents the rich structure of the holomorphic Q function spaces which are geometric because they transform naturally under conformal mappings, emphasizing recent development based on interaction between geometric function and measure theory, and other branches of mathematical analysis. more...