The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,840,610 members ⚫ 1,266,180 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Birkhäuser Boston 2007; US$ 97.65
* Exciting exposition integrates history, philosophy, and mathematics * Combines a mathematical analysis of approximation theory with an engaging discussion of the differing philosophical underpinnings behind its development * Appendices containing biographical data on numerous eminent mathematicians, explanations of Russian nomenclature and academic... more...
- Elsevier Science 2011; US$ 240.00
This is an exposition of some special results on analytic or C ? -approximation of functions in the strong sense, in finite- and infinite-dimensional spaces. It starts with H. Whitney's theorem on strong approximation by analytic functions in finite-dimensional spaces and ends with some recent results by the author on strong C ? -approximation of functions... more...
- Birkhäuser Boston 2008; US$ 58.59
This self-contained and accessible textbook introduces geometric measure theory through the notion of currents. Motivating key ideas with examples and figures, this book is a comprehensive introduction ideal for both self-study and for use in the classroom. more...
- De Gruyter 2008; US$ 173.73
With the fifth book of the Konika ancient mathematics reached a climax. In it Apollonius presents the first known theory of the maxima and minima lines, which was taken up again by mathematicians in the early 10th century, and above all in the 17th century. As is the case for books 6 and 7, the original Greek text of this book is lost, and... more...
- Wiley 2009; US$ 116.00 US$ 100.53
A uniquely accessible book for general measure and integration, emphasizing the real line, Euclidean space, and the underlying role of translation in real analysis Measure and Integration: A Concise Introduction to Real Analysis presents the basic concepts and methods that are important for successfully reading and understanding proofs. Blending... more...
- Wiley 2011; US$ 129.00 US$ 111.80
Stochastic processes are widely used for model building in the social, physical, engineering and life sciences as well as in financial economics. In model building, statistical inference for stochastic processes is of great importance from both a theoretical and an applications point of view. This book deals with Fractional Diffusion Processes and... more...
- Springer Basel 2010; US$ 97.74
This book offers a comprehensive study of Diophantos? Arithmetika , a unique book within the known Greek mathematical corpus whose author, Diophantos, is an enigmatic figure. It details the structure, contents and mathematics of the Arithmetika . more...