The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Elsevier Science 2014; US$ 72.95
Geometric measure theory is the mathematical framework for the study of crystal growth, clusters of soap bubbles, and similar structures involving minimization of energy. Morgan emphasizes geometry over proofs and technicalities, and includes a bibliography and abundant illustrations and examples. This Second Edition features a new chapter on soap... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2011; US$ 49.95
W.K. ALLARD: On the first variation of area and generalized mean curvature.- F.J. ALMGREN Jr.: Geometric measure theory and elliptic variational problems.- E. GIUSTI: Minimal surfaces with obstacles.- J. GUCKENHEIMER: Singularities in soap-bubble-like and soap-film-like surfaces.- D. KINDERLEHRER: The analyticity of the coincidence set in variational... more...
- Birkhäuser Basel 2006; US$ 69.99
This book documents the rich structure of the holomorphic Q function spaces which are geometric because they transform naturally under conformal mappings, emphasizing recent development based on interaction between geometric function and measure theory, and other branches of mathematical analysis. more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2011; US$ 77.00
The HenstockKurzweil integral, which is also known as the generalized Riemann integral, arose from a slight modification of the classical Riemann integral more than 50 years ago. This relatively new integral is known to be equivalent to the classical Per more...
- Birkhäuser Boston 2007; US$ 129.00
* Exciting exposition integrates history, philosophy, and mathematics * Combines a mathematical analysis of approximation theory with an engaging discussion of the differing philosophical underpinnings behind its development * Appendices containing biographical data on numerous eminent mathematicians, explanations of Russian nomenclature and academic... more...
- Birkhäuser Basel 2007; US$ 109.00
Winner of the Ferran Sunyer i Balaguer Prize 2006 more...
- Morgan & Claypool Publishers 2011; US$ 35.00
This book treats all of the most commonly used theories of the integral. After motivating the idea of integral, we devote a full chapter to the Riemann integral and the next to the Lebesgue integral. Another chapter compares and contrasts the two theories. The concluding chapter offers brief introductions to the Henstock integral, the Daniell integral,... more...
- Wiley 2014; US$ 130.00
This book is devoted to integration, one of the two main operations in calculus. In Part 1, the definition of the integral of a one-variable function is different (not essentially, but rather methodically) from traditional definitions of Riemann or Lebesgue integrals. Such an approach allows us, on the one hand, to quickly develop the practical... more...
- Scuola Normale Superiore 2012; US$ 29.95
Based on an undergraduate course taught by the authors, this book puts Lebesgue's Euclidean space theory into a more general context and presents the basic applications to Fourier series, calculus and real analysis. Includes exercises with detailed solutions. more...
- Springer International Publishing 2014; US$ 129.00
The structure of the set of all the invariant probabilities and the structure of various types of individual invariant probabilities of a transition function are two topics of significant interest in the theory of transition functions, and are studied in this book. The results obtained are useful in ergodic theory and the theory of dynamical systems,... more...