The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2007; US$ 269.00
"Quantum Theory of Magnetism" is the only book that deals with the phenomenon of magnetism from the point of view of "linear response". That is, how does a magnetic material respond when excited by a magnetic field? That field may be uniform, or spatially varying, static or time dependent. Previous editions have dealt primarily with the magnetic response.... more...
- Springer International Publishing 2013; US$ 259.00
Advances in the synthesis of new materials with often complex, nano-scaled structures require increasingly sophisticated experimental techniques that can probe the electronic states, the atomic magnetic moments and the magnetic microstructures responsible for the properties of these materials. At the same time, progress in synchrotron radiation techniques... more...
- Springer London 2014; US$ 279.00
Revised throughout in response to advances in the field since its first edition, this text describes the technologies needed to generate power in nuclear fusion plants using strong magnetic fields, from the magnets themselves to cryogenic and safety systems. more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2013; US$ 179.00
This book details the latest achievements in ferroelectric domain engineering and characterization at micro- and nano-scale dimensions and periods. It combines basic research of magnetic materials with device and production orientation. more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2011; US$ 39.95
G. Agostinelli: Problemi speciali in magnetofluidodinamica.- G. Carini: Sul concetto di pressione in magnetofluidodinamica e nel caso di un fluido dielettrico in presenza di un campo elettrico.- V.C.A. Ferrario: Magneto-idrodinamica.- R. Nardini: 1. Su un caso particolare di onde magnetoacustiche. 2. Su un particolare campo magnetofluidodinamico sinusoidale... more...
- Elsevier Science 1998; US$ 230.00
This book provides a comprehensive treatment of the physics of hysteresis in magnetism and of the mathematical tools used to describe it. Hysteresis in Magnetism discusses from a unified viewpoint the relationsof hysteresis to Maxwells equations, equilibrium and non-equilibrium thermodynamics, non-linear system dynamics, micromagnetics, and domain... more...
- Elsevier Science 2005; US$ 570.00
Volume 1 covers: * Mathematical models * Differential equations * Stochastic aspects of hysteresis * Binary detection using hysteresis * Models of unemployment in economics Volume 2 covers: * Physical models of magnetic hysteresis * All aspects of magnetisation dynamics Volume 3 covers: * Hysteresis phenomena in materials * Over 2100... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2010; US$ 379.00
Magnetism and Synchrotron Radiation presents state-of-the-art research in the field today. Written primarily for postgraduate students and newcomers to the field, this volume is also a valuable resource for researchers and lecturers active in the area. more...
- Springer US 2007; US$ 189.00
1. Introduction. 2. The origin of atomic moments. 3. Paramagnetism of free ions. 4. The magnetically ordered state. 5. Crystal fields. 6. Diamagnetism. 7. Itinerant-electron magnetism. 8. Some basic concepts and units. 9. Measurement techniques. 10. Caloric effects. 11. Magnetic anisotropy. 12. Permanent magnets. 13. High-density recording media.... more...