The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development 2005; US$ 20.00
The countries of Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia (EECCA) are at an environmental cross-road. While they are still immersed in a process of economic and political transition that has brought distinctive environmental impacts, new opportunities for improving environmental conditions are emerging. more...
- Springer 2007; US$ 129.00
The concept of "Environmental security" has emerged as one basis for understanding international conflicts. This book is based on the discussions and papers prepared for the NATO Advanced Research Workshop that took place in Eilat, Israel, in April 2004. It applies a risk analytical approach to a variety of environmental problems. more...
- International Development Research Centre 1995; US$ 25.00
The conquest of the Americas was the first step on the path to globalization. Today, 500 years later, we are rapidly approaching the prophecied global village and, consequently, natural and cultural uniformity.Amidst all the literature and discussion supporting globalization, author and geographer, Danilo J. more...
- CRC Press 2014; US$ 94.95
1. Introduction: Environmental Physics - Processes and Issues 2. The Human Environment 3. The Built Environment 4. The Urban Environment 5. Energy for Living 6. Revealing the Planet 7. The Sun and the Atmosphere 8. Observing the Earth's Weather and Cloud Physics 9. Global Weather Patterns and Climate 10. Physics and Soils 11. Vegetation Growth and... more...
- ABC-CLIO 2003; US$ 65.00
This volume is an overview of the environmental issues, problems, and controversies facing Latin America and the Caribbean - from the tip of South America to the Windward Islands. It provides a chronology of important dates in the environmental history of Central and South America. more...
- Emerald Group Publishing Limited 2005; US$ 103.00
Offers the study of the multifaceted nature-society relationship and the socioeconomic consequences of human dependence on nature forward in a variety of areas. This volume is divided into three sections. more...
- Emerald Group Publishing Limited 2004; US$ 199.00
Excess sludge is an inevitable drawback of the waste-activated sludge process. Both the reduction of the amount of sludge produced and improving its dewaterability are of paramount importance. With more stringent environmental and legislative constraints, increasing sludge production and limited disposal options, new reduction alternatives have to... more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2005; US$ 21.95
This is the perfect self-teaching guide for anyone interested in basic earth composition and development of the ever-changing nature of our planet. The author covers a wide array of topics including: atmosphere, water, global warming, atmospheric differentiation, geomorphology, glaciers, erosion, carbon dating, acid rain, and much more. It includes... more...
- University of NSW Press 2006; US$ 45.95
This is a tertiary-level textbook that takes a holistic, interdisciplinary and analytical approach to the development, implementation and impact of environmental policies. Its critical and interdisciplinary approach makes it stand out against comparable texts. more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2001; US$ 102.95
"This is probably the most comprehensive treatment of this subject that I have seen. The authors have presented an approach and concept that far surpasses anything currently available." - Jeffrey Vincoli, CSP, CHCM *Examines problems such as transport, burial/storage, monitoring, and spillage - and tells how to overcome them *Provides tables,... more...