The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2013; US$ 179.00
This book contains the most recent progress in data assimilation in meteorology, oceanography and hydrology including land surface. It spans both theoretical and applicative aspects with various methodologies. more...
- CRC Press 2012; US$ 177.95
About the book series Editorial board of the book series Preface Acknowledgements About the editors Contributors Section 1: Fundamental concepts 1 Relative permeability (T.J.T. Spanos) 1.1 Introduction 1.2 Darcy?s equation 1.3 Heterogeneity 1.4 Lubrication theory 1.5 Multiphase flow in porous media 1.6 Dispersion 1.7 Few comments... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2006; US$ 239.00
8. 8 Boundary Layer Structure and Detached Plasma 305 8. 8. 1 Background 305 8. 8. 2 Structure inside the boundary layer 306 8. 8. 3 Observation of detached plasma 308 8. 8. 4 Summary 309 8. 9 Summary and Conclusions 310 References 312 9. CLUSTER AT THE MAGNETOSPHERIC CUSPS 321 9. 1 Introduction 321 9. 1. 1 Previous work 323 9. 1. 2 How Cluster investigates... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2006; US$ 99.00
The past forty years of space research have seen a substantial improvement in our understanding of the Earth?s magnetosphere and its coupling with the solar wind and interplanetary magnetic ?eld (IMF). The magnetospheric str- ture has been mapped and major processes determining this structure have been de?ned. However, the picture obtained is too often... more...
- University of Iowa Press 2004; US$ 26.00
Early in 1958, instruments on the space satellites Explorer I and Explorer III revealed the presence of radiation belts, enormous populations of energetic particles trapped in the magnetic field of the earth. Originally published in 1983 but long out of print until now, Origins of Magnetospheric Physics tells the story of this dramatic and hugely transformative... more...
- Elsevier Science 1998; US$ 285.00
Launches of several major magnetospheric research satellites (i.e., Polar, Wind, and Interball) set the scene for extensive multi-platform investigations of the Earth's plasma environment in the era of the International Solar-Terrestrial Physics Program. Exciting new results from this Program and the ongoing innovative advances to scientific instrumentation... more...
- Oxford University Press 1996; US$ 169.99
Convection and substorms are magnetospheric phenomena used as paradigms for the study of the magnetosphere. This book presents a synthesis of the literature on convection and substorms, an analysis of their interactions, and proposes a model for reconnection. It will be useful for all scientists working in solar-terrestrial physics. more...