The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 41.95
As a foreign correspondent, Scott Peterson witnessed firsthand Somalia's descent into war and its battle against US troops, the spiritual degeneration of Sudan's Holy War, and one of the most horrific events of the last half century: the genocide in Rwanda. In Me Against My Brother, he brings these events together for the first time to record a collapse... more...
- Algora Publishing 2007; US$ 32.95
This is the story of modern Africa: the reality of poverty, underdevelopment and the donor community. Are governments using politics and imported culture to trap ordinary Africans in a weakening web of international friendship and economic partnership, more...
- Infobase Publishing 2002; US$ 30.00
- Information-packed volumes provide comprehensive overviews of each nation's people, geography, history, government, economy, and culture- Abundant full-color illustrations guide the reader on a voyage of discovery- Maps reflect current political boundaries more...
- Agate Publishing 2005; US$ 9.99
This is a comming-of-awareness memoir of what the experience of Africa can be for a 21st-century African American. The author is a successful stockbroker in his thirties who decides to travel to Africa to broaden his horizons. more...
- Amsterdam University Press 2002; US$ 10.50
- Springer 2009; US$ 199.00
The area of eastern Africa, which includes Tanzania and Kenya, is known for its savannas, wildlife and tribal peoples. This title focuses on the livelihoods of the Maasai in two different countries - Kenya and Tanzania. It looks at what people do, why they choose to do it, with what success and with what implications for wildlife. more...
- World Bank Publications 2007; US$ 14.99
Poverty in Africa is largely the outcome of slow growth. With the region hosting 10 percent of the world's population but a staggering 30 percent of the world's poor, the challenges it faces are enormous but NOT insurmountable. The message of this book is clear - poverty-eradicating development in Africa is possible. In fact, there are indications... more...
- Scarecrow Press 2009; US$ 99.99
The Historical Dictionary of United States-Africa Relations encompasses the relationship between the two from the trans-Atlantic slave trade to the George W. Bush administration, with particular emphasis on the Cold War. It focuses on political and economic aspects of the relationship and includes cultural relations. more...