The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- University of California Press 2013; US$ 34.95
The second half of the nineteenth century marks a watershed in human history. Railroads linked remote hinterlands with cities; overland and undersea cables connected distant continents. New and accessible print technologies made the wide dissemination of ideas possible; oceangoing steamers carried goods to faraway markets and enabled the greatest long-distance... more...
- Traugott Bautz 2006; US$ 14.04
0. Einleitung1. Zur Geschichte Pakistans1.1. Die Anfänge der islamischen Kolonisierung in Indien - Hinduismus versus Islam 1.2. Die Zeit der Moghul-Dynastie1.3. Die Suche nach Identität unter britischer Herrschaft1.4. Die Entstehung eines neuen Staates Pakistan2. Annemarie Schimmel2.1. Primäres Interesse der Studentin und geistige Entwicklung bezüglich... more...
- Garnet Publishing (UK) Ltd 2012; US$ 10.19
Tearing up the Silk Road is an irreverent travelogue that details a journey along the ancient trade routes from China to Istanbul, through Central Asia, Iran and the Caucasus. As Tom Coote struggles through the often arbitrary borders and bureaucracies of China, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Iran, Armenia, Georgia and Turkey, it becomes apparent... more...
- Garnet Publishing (UK) Ltd 2008; US$ 14.57
This timely collection of papers by leading academics and prominent government officials sheds new light on the foreign policy of Iran under President Khatami and into the period of President Ahmadinejad. The topics covered include the influence of the Iranian constitution on its foreign policy, Iran's relations with the United States, the United... more...
- Springer 2014; US$ 54.99
Why have large-scale protests and mass demonstrations in some post-socialist Eurasian states led to the fall of autocratic leaders, whereas similar other regimes prevail This book addresses the question by providing an overview of eight cases of so-called Color Revolutions, and explains factors of ?success? and ?failure? by discussing the state-of-the-art... more...
- Oxford University Press 2000; US$ 94.99
The authors look closely at three genres of texts that have been crucial to the representations of pre-colonial India. All three essays challenge not only colonialist scholarship but the attempts by religious nationalists to identify Hinduism as the essence of national identity in India and Buddhism as the essence of nationality in Sri Lanka. more...
- Oxford University Press 1989; US$ 144.99
Focusing on a major area of superpower rivalry embracing the Indian Ocean, the Persian Gulf, 42 littoral states and one-third of the world's population, Indian and American authors examine the factors leading to the escalation of tension in this region and the effects of India's military power. more...