The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Palgrave Macmillan 2013; US$ 100.00
Written for scholars and practitioners puzzled by Iran's foreign policy choices, this book argues that Iran's foreign policy behavior is best understood in the context of the regime's foreign policy ideology, which is rooted in a conception of Iran as a nation changed by the 1979 Revolution and an example to other nations in a changing world. more...
- Center for Strategic & International Studies 2014; US$ 49.99
The United States faces major challenges in dealing with Iran, the threat of terrorism, and the tide of political instability in the Arabian Peninsula. The presence of some of the world?s largest reserves of oil and natural gas, vital shipping lanes, and Shia populations throughout the region have made the peninsula the focal point of US and Iranian... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 49.95
Ibn al-Athir, who died in the 13th century, is one of the most important historians of Islam. His major chronicle, the Kamil fi'l-Ta'rikh , is one of the greatest achievements of Muslim historiography for the range and comprehensiveness of the sources it assembled and for its narrative, covering the whole sweep of Islamic history up to his own lifetime.... more...
- SAGE Publications 2014; US$ 52.00
Persian Gulf 2013 looks at the growing relationship between India and the countries of the Persian Gulf region, which has assumed greater importance in the recent years and hence demands greater attention. The book covers India?s bilateral relations in 2012 with nine Persian Gulf countries, namely, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar,... more...
- Lexington Books 2009; US$ 39.99
Whether called 'Arabian' or 'Persian,' the Gulf is one of the most politically important regions of the world, and its history is necessary in understanding the contemporary Middle East. Paul Rich draws on previously closed archives to document the actual heritage of the area and dispel the myths, showing that the influences of Britain and India are... more...
- Traugott Bautz 2006; US$ 14.74
0. Einleitung1. Zur Geschichte Pakistans1.1. Die Anfänge der islamischen Kolonisierung in Indien - Hinduismus versus Islam 1.2. Die Zeit der Moghul-Dynastie1.3. Die Suche nach Identität unter britischer Herrschaft1.4. Die Entstehung eines neuen Staates Pakistan2. Annemarie Schimmel2.1. Primäres Interesse der Studentin und geistige Entwicklung bezüglich... more...
- Princeton University Press 2014; US$ 30.95
In Frontier Fictions , Firoozeh Kashani-Sabet looks at the efforts of Iranians to defend, if not expand, their borders in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, and explores how their conceptions of national geography influenced cultural and political change. The "frontier fictions," or the ways in which the Iranians viewed their often fluctuating... more...
- Philipp von Zabern Verlag 2014; US$ 27.04
Zwischen Zweistromland und HindukuschRoms Kriege mit den Parthern sind legendär, doch wer war das Volk, das Rom immer wieder in Bedrängnis brachte? Das Partherreich bestand fast 500 Jahre und erstreckte sich zu Zeiten seiner größten Ausdehnung vom heutigen Syrien bis nach Indien und vom Kaspischen Meer bis zum Golf von Persien. Uwe Ellerbrock vermittelt... more...