The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Indiana University Press 2013; US$ 23.99
Africa and France reveals how increased control over immigration has changed cultural and social production, especially in theatre, literature, film, and even museum construction. A hated of foreigners, accompanied by new forms of intolerance and racism, has crept from policy into popular expressions of ideas about the postcolony and ethnic minorities.... more...
- Indiana University Press 2004; US$ 20.35
Algerian migration to France began at the end of the 19th century, but in recent years France's Algerian community has been the focus of a shifting public debate encompassing issues of unemployment, multiculturalism, Islam, and terrorism. In this finely crafted historical and anthropological study, Paul... more...
- Konrad Theiss Verlag 2014; US$ 29.02
Der Franzose: Eine Baskenmütze auf dem Kopf, das Hemd in blau-weiß gestreift, in der Hand trägt er ein Baguette und unterm Arm eine Flasche Rotwein. In seinem Landhaus neigt er ? schließlich ist Gott Franzose ? zur Gemütlichkeit, in Paris dagegen genügt ein Funke zur Revolution. Die modische Französin hat drei Kinder und geht arbeiten. Ist das wirklich... more...
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishers 2013; US$ 64.99
This engaging, knowledgeable book traces the American path France has followed since resolving its searing Algerian conflict in 1962. Barnett Singer convincingly demolishes two pervasive clichés about modern France: first, that the country has never been fit to fight wars, including wars on terror; and second, that the French have always been and... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2002; US$ 46.95
France is defined by claims of uniqueness made by or about the French. Aspects of Contemporary France illuminates the contemporary economic, cultural, political and social climate of France. Using a multidisciplinary approach, this book explains the historical background to controversial issues. It also traces France's road to nationhood through... more...
- Traugott Bautz 2010; US$ 15.43
1. Thematik und Ziel der Arbeit2. Aufbau der Arbeit3. Literatur- und Quellenlage4. Einblick in die türkisch-europäische GeschichteII. Einblick in die türkisch-europäische Geschichte1. Die europäischen Berührungspunkte des osmanischen Reiches2. Die Tanzimat-Periode3. Die Jungtürken (1908-1918)4. Die Republik Türkei und die kemalistischen Reformen (1923-1938)5.... more...
- Helion & Company 2009; US$ 25.00
This account, penned by a noted British military historian of the late nineteenth century, remains one of the nest narratives of a nineteenth century battle yet published. Henderson based this detailed and considered account of one of the opening battles of the Franco-Prussian War upon not only General Staff works and other official sources, but also... more...
- Editions Rodopi 2007; US$ 72.80
This volume draws contributors from around the globe who represent the full range of approaches to scholarship in nineteenth-century French studies: historical, literary, cultural, art historical, philosophical, and comparative. The theme of the volume Birth and Death is one with particular resonance for nineteenth-century French studies,... more...