The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Columbia University Press 2013; US$ 29.99
In 1998, Indonesia?s military government collapsed, creating a crisis that many believed would derail its democratic transition. Yet the world?s most populous Muslim country continues to receive high marks from democracy-ranking organizations. In this volume, political scientists, religious scholars, legal theorists, and anthropologists examine Indonesia?s... more...
- De Gruyter 2009; US$ 419.00
- Geschichte und Entwicklung des Islams von den Anfängen zur Weltreligion - Koranauslegungen und Glaubenstraditionen, Rechte und Pflichten der Gläubigen - Verbreitung im Abendland - Politik und Religion im Islam: Einheit oder Widerspruch? Toleranz oder Terrorismus? - Kulturtransfer und politischer Austausch: Erfahrung des Fremden in West und Ost -... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 145.00
This book addresses the complexity of Islam in Thailand, by focusing on Islamic charities and institutions affiliated to the mosque. By extrapolating through Islam and the waqf (Islamic charity) in different regions of Thailand the diversity in races and institutions, it demonstrates the regional contrasts within Thai Islam. The book also underlines... more...
- University of Minnesota Press 2013; US$ 75.00
In Building a House in Heaven , Mona Atia makes the connection between Islam and capitalism to examine the surprising relations between charity and the economy, the state, and religion in the transition from Mubarak-era Egypt. She draws on interviews with key players, exploring the geography of Islamic charities through multiple neighborhoods, ideologies,... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 190.00
This ethnography of Muslim life among the Kazaks of Central Asia describes the sacralisation of land and ethnic identity, local understanding of Islamic purity, the Kazak ancestor cult and domestic spirituality, and pilgrimage to the tombs of Sufi saints. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 145.00
Public interest in the religion of Islam and in Muslim communities in recent years has generated an impetus for Western Universities to establish an array of Institutes and programs dedicated to the study of Islam. Despite the growth in number of programs dedicated to this study, very little attention has been paid to the appropriate shape of such... more...
- Princeton University Press 2014; US$ 22.95
This landmark book probes Muslims? attitudes toward Jews and Judaism as a special case of their view of other religious minorities in predominantly Muslim societies. With authority, sympathy and wit, Bernard Lewis demolishes two competing stereotypes: the Islamophobic picture of the fanatical Muslim warrior, sword in one hand and Qur??n in the other,... more...
- The Floating Press 2014; US$ 3.99
Even today, atheism is a controversial subject, so it's not surprising that the 1895 publication of British thinker and activist Annie Besant's My Path to Atheism caused quite a stir. In the book, Besant lays out a compelling case for secularism and details her own spiritual journey -- one that eventually led to her disavowal of the Christian... more...