The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht 2014; US$ 90.15
In January 2011, the David and Jemima Jeselsohn Epigraphic Center for Jewish History held its second international conference at Bar-Ilan University, dedicated to the memory of Professor Hanan Eshel, the founding academic director of the center who passed away on April 8th, 2010. This collection of articles, traces, when taken together, daily lifein... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 64.95
The fall of Porfirio Diaz has traditionally been presented as a watershed between old and new: an old style repressive and conservative government, and the more democratic and representative system that flowered in the wake of the Mexican Revolution. Now this view is being challenged by a new generation of historians, who point out that Diaz originally... more...
- Harrassowitz Verlag 2014; US$ 54.38
Don Luis de Carvajal y de la Cueva, der erste Gouverneur des Nuevo Reino de León/Neuspanien, und seine Familie finden meist nur als prominente Beispiele für die Geschichte der Judenverfolgung in Spanischamerika bzw. der Geschichte der überseeischen Inquisition Erwähnung. Die Frauen in der Familie Carvajal werden, wenn sie überhaupt berücksichtigt werden,... more...
- Campus Verlag 2014; US$ 34.93
16. August 1519: Hernán Cortés, begleitet von wenigen Hundert Soldaten, beginnt seinen Marsch nach Tenochtitlan, der Hauptstadt der Azteken. In der Folge gelingt es ihm in kürzester Zeit, das Reich Moctezumas zu erobern ? dieses welthistorische Ereignis begründet die spanische Kolonialherrschaft in Amerika. <br> 23. Januar 1520: Eine portugiesische... more...
- McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers 2014; US$ 35.00
Five seminal events occurred in New York city in the pivotal year 1964: the "British Invasion," with the arrival of The Beatles in February; the murder of Kitty Genovese in Queens in March; the World's Fair that ran in Queens between April and October; the "race riots" in Brooklyn and Harlem in July; and the world series in... more...
- Publish Green 2014; US$ 4.99
Lifelong Californian Robert P. Laurence took a three-year walk in New York City, sharing his adventures with friends back home in more than 80 e-mail letters. Now he publishes those letters in an e-book, "Letters From Brooklyn: A Slightly Irregular Memoir of Everyday Life in New York City With a Tour Guide Thrown In," a witty, irreverent... more...
- The Floating Press 2014; US$ 3.99
In this detailed travelogue, author Henry Howard Harper recounts his extended tour through the Mexican regions of Campeche, Tabasco, and Yucatan, conveying a vivid sense of the country's rugged landscape, vibrant cultural traditions, and unique history. more...
- PublicAffairs 2014; US$ 26.99
Every city and every state needs a Richard Ravitch. In sixty years on the job, whether working in business or government, he was the man willing to tackle some of the most complex challenges facing New York. Trained as a lawyer, he worked briefly for the House of Representatives, then began his career in his family?s construction business. He built... more...