The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2011; US$ 15.00
Dos narradores extraordinarios, Gabo y Mario, el poeta y el arquitecto, Lennon y McCartney, el turco y el indio, protagonizan una de las amistades más férreas de toda la literatura universal. Esos mismos amigos, diez ańos más tarde, terminan su relación con una pelea que llega hasta los puńos. Cobijados bajo sus alas, un conjunto de escritores, los... more...
- Cambridge University Press 1989; US$ 32.00
Olster analyzes in detail historical narrative configurations in the works of Norman Mailer, Thomas Pynchon, John Barth, Robert Coover and E. L. Doctorow. more...
- Wiley 2010; US$ 41.95
A Brief History of American Literature offers students and general readers a concise and up-to-date history of the full range of American writing from its origins until the present day. Represents the only up-to-date concise history of American literature Covers fiction, poetry, drama and non-fiction, as well as looking at other forms of... more...
- Infobase Publishing 2003; US$ 36.00
- Comprehensive reading and study guides for some of the world's most important literary masterpieces. - Concise critical excerpts provide a scholarly overview of each work. - "The Story Behind the Story" details the conditions under which the work was written. - Each book includes a biographical sketch of the author, a descriptive list... more...
- LSU Press 2007; US$ 18.95
In this groundbreaking study, Gary M. Ciuba examines how four of the South's most probing writers of twentieth-century fiction, Katherine Anne Porter, Flannery O?Connor, Cormac McCarthy and Walker Percy, expose the roots of violence in southern culture. Ciuba draws on the paradigm of mimetic violence developed by cultural and literary critic René Girard,... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2011; US$ 149.00
Thus book examines the spatial morphologies represented in a wide range of contemporary ethnic American literary and cinematic works. Drawing from Henri Lefebvre?s theorization of space as a living organism, Edward Soja?s writings on the postmetropolis, Marc Augé?s notion of the non-place, Manuel Castells? space of flows, and Michel de Certeau?s theories... more...
- University Press of Mississippi 2011; US$ 60.00
In All Stories Are True , Tracie Church Guzzio provides the first full-length study of John Edgar Wideman's entire oeuvre to date. Specifically, Guzzio examines the ways in which Wideman (b. 1941) engages with three crucial themes-history, myth, more...
- University Press of Mississippi 2011; US$ 55.00
William Faulkner wrote during a tumultuous period in southern racial consciousness, between the years of the enactment of Jim Crow and the beginnings of the civil rights movement in the South. Throughout the writer's career racial paradigms were in flu more...
- University Press of Mississippi 2000; US$ 25.00
Essays in centennial celebration of William Faulkner and his achievement. With essays and commentaries by André Bleikasten, Joseph Blotner, Larry Brown, Thadious M. Davis, Susan V. Donaldson, Doreen Fowler, The Reverend Duncan M. Gray, Jr., Minrose C. Gwin, Robert W. Hamblin, W. Kenneth Holditch, Lothar Hönnighausen, Richard Howorth, John... more...