The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Infobase Publishing 2003; US$ 36.00
- Comprehensive reading and study guides for some of the world's most important literary masterpieces. - Concise critical excerpts provide a scholarly overview of each work. - "The Story Behind the Story" details the conditions under which the work was written. - Each book includes a biographical sketch of the author, a descriptive list... more...
- LSU Press 2007; US$ 18.95
In this groundbreaking study, Gary M. Ciuba examines how four of the South's most probing writers of twentieth-century fiction, Katherine Anne Porter, Flannery O?Connor, Cormac McCarthy and Walker Percy, expose the roots of violence in southern culture. Ciuba draws on the paradigm of mimetic violence developed by cultural and literary critic René Girard,... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2011; US$ 149.00
Thus book examines the spatial morphologies represented in a wide range of contemporary ethnic American literary and cinematic works. Drawing from Henri Lefebvre?s theorization of space as a living organism, Edward Soja?s writings on the postmetropolis, Marc Augé?s notion of the non-place, Manuel Castells? space of flows, and Michel de Certeau?s theories... more...
- University Press of Mississippi 2011; US$ 60.00
In All Stories Are True , Tracie Church Guzzio provides the first full-length study of John Edgar Wideman's entire oeuvre to date. Specifically, Guzzio examines the ways in which Wideman (b. 1941) engages with three crucial themes-history, myth, more...
- University Press of Mississippi 2011; US$ 55.00
William Faulkner wrote during a tumultuous period in southern racial consciousness, between the years of the enactment of Jim Crow and the beginnings of the civil rights movement in the South. Throughout the writer's career racial paradigms were in flu more...
- University Press of Mississippi 2000; US$ 25.00
Essays in centennial celebration of William Faulkner and his achievement. With essays and commentaries by André Bleikasten, Joseph Blotner, Larry Brown, Thadious M. Davis, Susan V. Donaldson, Doreen Fowler, The Reverend Duncan M. Gray, Jr., Minrose C. Gwin, Robert W. Hamblin, W. Kenneth Holditch, Lothar Hönnighausen, Richard Howorth, John... more...
- Tom Doherty Associates 2006; US$ 19.99
Who is Jack Ryan? Lowly analyst, James Bondian secret agent, President of the United States? All of the above? Or is he just Tom Clancy's mouthpiece for what is right and wrong with politics and policy today? What impact did Red Storm Rising have on Ronald Reagan's policy for dealing with the Soviet Union? Was A Clear and Present Danger a trial... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2011; US$ 149.99
How do we approach the rich field of nineteenth-century American literature? How might we recalibrate the coordinates of critical vision and open up new areas of investigation? To answer such questions, this volume brings together 23 original essays written by leading scholars in American literary studies. By examining specific novels, poems, essays,... more...
- University of Iowa Press 2009; US$ 29.95
Reforming the World considers the intricate relationship between social reform and spiritual elevation and the development of fiction in the antebellum United States. Arguing that novels of the era engaged with questions about the proper role of fiction taking place at the time, Maria Carla Sánchez illuminates the politically and socially motivated... more...