The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Farrar, Straus and Giroux 2010; US$ 16.99
1. In his review of The Possessed for The New York Times , Dwight Garner called the book "crucially and fundamentally . . . an examination of this question: How do we bring our lives closer to our favorite books?" To what extent have you brought your life closer to your favorite books? How did Elif Batuman's literary obsessions bring her closer... more...
- Pan Macmillan Australia 2007; US$ 14.54
Alongside his friends Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy, Turgenev was one of the three great men of the Russian novel's golden age. Fathers and Sons and A Hunter's Notes caused sensations when they were published; by depicting serfs as human beings, the latter was said to have persuaded the Tsar to free them. Turgenev's private life was, perhaps, as... more...
- Indiana University Press 2011; US$ 33.95
Karen Petrone shatters the notion that World War I was a forgotten war in the Soviet Union. Although never officially commemorated, the Great War was the subject of a lively discourse about religion, heroism, violence, and patriotism during the interwar period. Using memoirs, literature, films, military... more...
- BRILL 2011; US$ 159.00
The monograph explores traditions of expressing the body and sexuality (designated as "silence" and "burlesque") throughout Russia's literary history, with a particular focus on how these traditions affect the literary modernization during the Silver Age (1890-1921) and subsequent émigré writing. more...
- HarperCollins 2011; Not Available
The greatest novelist of all time retells the greatest story ever told, the life of Jesus Christ, in The Gospel in Brief ?Leo Tolstoy?s riveting, novelistic integration of the four Gospels into a single, twelve-chapter narrative. Virtually unknown to English readers until now, Dustin Condren?s groundbreaking translation from the Russian opens a precious... more...
- Vittorio Klostermann 2012; US$ 92.74
Ende des 19. Jahrhunderts sehen sich sowohl Frankreich als auch Spanien durch die immer zahlreicheren Übersetzungen aus dem Russischen einer "Invasion aus dem Osten" gegenüber. In Frankreich entbrennt eine Diskussion, für die die russische Literatur zwar den Anstoß gibt, in der jedoch zugleich im Medium der Literaturkritik Fragen nach dem... more...
- The Edwin Mellen Press 2010; US$ 149.95
By examining the function of fidelity in human relationships and in the mimetic aims of contemporary realist aesthetics, Khvoshshchinskaia reveals the dynamics of domination and control which inform them. This book contains two color photographs. more...