The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Springer International Publishing 2014; US$ 59.99
Providing a nearly complete selection of up-to-date methods and results on block invariants with respect to their defect groups, this book covers the classical theory pioneered by Brauer, the modern theory of fusion systems introduced by Puig, the geometry of numbers developed by Minkowski, the classification of finite simple groups, and various computer... more...
- Dover Publications 2012; US$ 16.95
Accessible but rigorous, this outstanding text encompasses all of the topics covered by a typical course in elementary abstract algebra. Its easy-to-read treatment offers an intuitive approach, featuring informal discussions followed by thematically arranged exercises. Intended for undergraduate courses in abstract algebra, it is suitable for junior-... more...
- Dover Publications 2012; US$ 11.95
Famous for the number-theoretic first-order statement known as Goodstein's theorem, author R. L. Goodstein was also well known as a distinguished educator. With this text, he offers an elementary treatment that employs Boolean algebra as a simple medium for introducing important concepts of modern algebra. The text begins with an informal introduction... more...
- Research & Education Association 2012; US$ 3.99
REA?s Essentials provide quick and easy access to critical information in a variety of different fields, ranging from the most basic to the most advanced. As its name implies, these concise, comprehensive study guides summarize the essentials of the field covered. Essentials are helpful when preparing for exams, doing homework and will remain a... more...
- Dover Publications 2012; US$ 8.99
This introduction to Boolean algebra explores the subject on a level accessible even to those with a modest background in mathematics. The first chapter presents the algebra of sets from an intuitive point of view, followed by a formal presentation in chapter two of Boolean algebra as an abstract algebraic system, with no reference to applications.... more...
- Vieweg+Teubner Verlag 2013; Not Available
1. Mengenalgebra.- 1.1 Einleitung.- 1.2 Element und Menge.- 1.3 Die Verknüpfung von Mengen.- 1.4 Vennsche Diagramme.- 1.5 Grundgesetze.- 1.6 Polynomentwicklung, Faktorzerlegung, Vereinfachung.- 1.7 Eigenschaften der Inklusion.- 1.8 Bedingungsgleichungen.- 1.9 Lösung von Gleichungen.- 1.10 Die Anzahl der Elemente einer Menge.- 2. Boolesche Algebra.-... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 99.00
Categorical methods of speaking and thinking are becoming more and more widespread in mathematics because they achieve a unifi cation of parts of different mathematical fields; frequently they bring simplifications and provide the impetus for new developments. The purpose of this book is to introduce the reader to the central part of category theory... more...
- Dover Publications 2012; US$ 16.95
Designed for high school students and teachers with an interest in mathematical problem-solving, this stimulating collection includes more than 300 problems that are "off the beaten path" ? i.e., problems that give a new twist to familiar topics that introduce unfamiliar topics. With few exceptions, their solution requires little more than some... more...
- Cambridge University Press 2009; US$ 76.00
The first modern treatment of orthogonal polynomials from the viewpoint of special functions is now available in paperback. more...