The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,817,579 members ⚫ 1,261,085 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 75.93
1. Purpose The purpose of this work is to provide, in one volume, a wide spectrum of essential (non-measure theoretic) Mathematics for use by workers in the variety of applied fields. To obtain the background developed here in one volume would require studying a prohibitive number of separate Mathematics courses (assuming they were available). Before,... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 119.32
On May 10-12, 1973 a Conference on Mathematical Methods in Graph Theory was held at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo. The theme of this Conference was recent advances in the application of analytic and algebraic methods to the analysis of queues and queueing networks. In addition some discussion was given to statistical analy ses in queues,... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2013; US$ 97.62
In the course of one's research, the expediency of meeting contractual and other externally imposed deadlines too often seems to take priority over what may be more significant research findings in the longer run. Such is the case with this volume which, despite our best intentions, has been put aside time and again since 1971 in favor of what seemed... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2013; US$ 97.62
A tremendous amount of work has been done over the last thirty years in cluster analysis, with a significant amount occurring since 1960. A substantial portion of this work has appeared in many journals, including numerous applied journals, and a unified ex position is lacking. The purpose of this monograph is to supply such an exposition by presenting... more...
- Vieweg+Teubner Verlag 2013; US$ 18.23
1. Die Helix oder Schraubenlinie.- 2. Kleinsche Flaschen und andere Flächen.- 3. Kombinatorik.- 4. Springende Bälle in Vielecken und Polyedern.- 5. Vier ungewöhnliche Brettspiele.- 6. Das starre Quadrat und acht andere Probleme.- 1. Das starre Quadrat.- 2. Eine Wette.- 3. Ein dreidimensionales Labyrinth.- 4. Goldene Kettenglieder.- 5. Magische Wortquadrate.-... more...
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 141.02
In this book I have attempted to trace the development of numerical analysis during the period in which the foundations of the modern theory were being laid. To do this I have had to exercise a certain amount of selectivity in choosing and in rejecting both authors and papers. I have rather arbitrarily chosen, in the main, the most famous mathematicians... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2013; US$ 86.78
When I was asked to help organize an American Association for the Advancement of Science symposium about how mathematical models have con tributed to biology, I agreed immediately. The subject is of immense importance and wide-spread interest. However, too often it is discussed in biologically sterile environments by "mutual admiration society" groups... more...
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 83.52
Our interest in 1. J. Bienayme was kindled by the discovery of his paper of 1845 on simple branching processes as a model for extinction of family names. In this work he announced the key criticality theorem 28 years before it was rediscovered in incomplete form by Galton and Watson (after whom the process was subsequently and erroneously named). Bienayme... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2013; US$ 36.46
Der vorliegende Hochschultext entstand aus Vorlesungen tiber Wahr scheinlichkeitstheorie an der Ruhr-Universitat Bochurn. GegenUber dem unter dem Titel "Grundlagen der Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie" im Bochurner Studienverlag Brockmeyer 1975 erschienenen Vorlesungsskrip tum ist die jetzige Fassung methodisch liberarbeitet und fast urn das Doppelte erweitert... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 86.78
The classic "Limit Dislribntions fOT slt1ns of Independent Ramdorn Vari ables" by B. V. Gnedenko and A. N. Kolmogorov was published in 1949. Since then the theory of summation of independent variables has devel oped rapidly. Today a summing-up of the studies in this area, and their results, would require many volumes. The monograph by I. A. Ibragi... more...