The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,508,729 members ⚫ 2,065,349 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 139.00
On the occasion of the sixtieth birthday of Andre Lichnerowicz a number of his friends, many of whom have been his students or coworkers, decided to celebrate this event by preparing a jubilee volume of contributed articles in the two main fields of research marked by Lichnerowicz's work, namely differential geometry and mathematical physics. Limitations... more...
- Springer London 2009; US$ 27.50
This fun narrative blends fact, humor, light scholarly argument, and elementary challenges as it explores the importance of mathematics. It features, JJ, a character who offers a satirical evaluation of the public?s attitude toward numeracy and logic. more...
- Birkhäuser Basel 2013; US$ 54.99
1. Spezielle Gleichungen.- 1.1. Differentialgleichungen, die bezüglich Symmetriegruppen invariant bleiben.- 1.2. Die Auflösung der Singularitäten von Differentialgleichungen.- 1.3. Implizite Differentialgleichungen.- 1.4. Die Normalform einer impliziten Differentialgleichung in der Umgebung eines regulären singulären Punktes.- 1.5. Die zeitfreie Schrödinger-Gleichung.-... more...
- Elsevier Science 1993; US$ 72.95
Two types of seemingly unrelated extension problems are discussed in this book. Their common focus is a long-standing problem of Johannes de Groot, the main conjecture of which was recently resolved. As is true of many important conjectures, a wide range of mathematical investigations had developed, which have been grouped into the two extension problems.... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 1994; US$ 58.00
This book on symmetric geometric patterns of Islamic art has educational, aesthetic, cultural and practical purposes. Its central purpose is to bring to the attention of the world in general, and the people of Islamic culture in particular, the potential of the art for providing a unified experience of science and art in the context of mathematical... more...
- Springer Milan 2012; US$ 69.95
This book introduces the Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces, proceeding from core to classical local and global theory of curves and of surfaces. Includes numerous definitions, examples, maps, functions, proofs, applications and important results. more...
- Springer Milan 2011; US$ 34.99
L'opera fornisce una introduzione alla geometria delle varietà differenziabili, illustrandone le principali proprietà e descrivendo le principali tecniche e i più importanti strumenti usati per il loro studio. Uno degli obiettivi primari dell'opera è di fungere da testo di riferimento per chi (matematici, fisici, ingegneri) usa la geometria differenziale... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2014; US$ 99.00
Based on the author's lectures, this book introduces symplectic field theory. Beginning with compactness results for holomorphic curves, the coverage includes extensions of certain compactness results believed to be true, but not yet published in detail. more...
- Vieweg+Teubner Verlag 2010; Not Available
The first instances of deformation theory were given by Kodaira and Spencer for complex structures and by Gerstenhaber for associative algebras. Since then, deformation theory has been applied as a useful tool in the study of many other mathematical structures, and even today it plays an important role in many developments of modern mathematics. This... more...