The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,508,729 members ⚫ 2,065,349 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Scribner 2002; US$ 15.00
An assemblage of reflections on the nature of writing and the writer from one the greatest American writers of the twentieth century. Throughout Hemingway?s career as a writer, he maintained that it was bad luck to talk about writing?that it takes off ?whatever butterflies have on their wings and the arrangement of hawk?s feathers if you show it or... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2002; US$ 54.95
* Examines how language works, accounting for its nature, its use, its study and its history * Two comprehensive indexes of Topics and Technical Terms, and Names * Carefully illustrated to explain key points in the text `This rich repository of information on all aspects of language is a must for all libraries in higher education, schools and larger... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2003; US$ 39.95
Does grammar bother you? Does it first inspire boredom, then fear? Since the virtual removal of formal grammar teaching from our schools' standard curriculum forty years ago, such negative responses have increasingly characterised students and professionals alike. As this lively and user-friendly book sets out to prove, that is both unfortunate and... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 59.95
This dictionary of grammatical terms covers both current and traditional terminology in syntax and morphology. It includes descriptive terms, the major theoretical concepts of the most influential grammatical frameworks, and the chief terms from mathematical and computational linguistics. It contains over 1500 entries, providing definitions and examples,... more...
- Crown/Archetype 2001; US$ 15.00
In July 1997, twenty-five of America's most influential journalists sat down to try and discover what had happened to their profession in the years between Watergate and Whitewater. What they knew was that the public no longer trusted the press as it once had. They were keenly aware of the pressures that advertisers and new technologies were putting... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2004; US$ 43.95
Since its first publication, this essential guide to book commissioning has established itself as the one and only 'must-read' for any successful editor, and the core training text used both within publishing houses and on publishing courses worldwide. In this new edition, Davies concentrates on the essential skills of commissioning, as well as other... more...
- Lawrence Erlbaum Associates 2004; US$ 70.00
Designed for those who will be writing in the new multimedia environment, MediaWriting explores the linkages between print, broadcast, and public relations styles; outlines the nature of good writing; and synthesizes and integrates professional skills and concepts. more...