The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Farrar, Straus and Giroux 1998; US$ 15.99
Winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award for Nonfiction When three-month-old Lia Lee Arrived at the county hospital emergency room in Merced, California, a chain of events was set in motion from which neither she nor her parents nor her doctors would ever recover. Lia's parents, Foua and Nao Kao, were part of a large Hmong community in Merced,... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2008; US$ 26.78
1. On Being Ethical. 2. Making Ethical Decisions and Taking Action. 3. Enforcement of Ethical Conduct. 4. Knowing Thyself: Understanding Competence and Credentials. 5. Psychotherapy I: Ethical Obligations of Psychotherapists. 6. Psychotherapy II: Techniques and Controversies. 7. The Mental Health Business: Money and Managed Care. 8. Privacy, Confidentiality... more...
- Georgetown University Press 2009; US$ 37.50
For nearly fifteen years Practical Decision Making in Health Care Ethics has offered scholars and students a highly accessible and teachable alternative to the dominant principle-based theories in the field. DevettereÆs approach is not based on an ethics of abstract obligations and duties, but, following Aristotle, on how to live a fulfilled and... more...
- APHA Press 2009; US$ 35.00
This new edition covers issues of privacy and confidentiality protection, informed consent in public health research, the ethics of randomized trials, vulnerable populations, genetic discrimination, AIDS prevention and treatment, health care reform, scientific misconduct, conflicts of interest, intellectual property, and more. more...
- Georgetown University Press 2004; US$ 24.95
At the edge of mortality there is a place where the seriously ill or dying waitùa place where they may often feel vulnerable or alone. For over forty years, bioethicist cum philosopher Richard Zaner has been at the side of many of those people offering his incalculable gift of listening, and helping to lighten their burdensùnot only with... more...
- Berghahn Books 2014; US$ 29.95
Strategies or decisions aimed at affecting, in a manner considered to be positive, the genetic heritage of a child in the context of human reproduction are increasingly being accepted in contemporary society. As a result, unnerving similarities between earlier selection ideology so central to the discredited eugenic regimes of the 20th century and... more...
- Pharmaceutical Press 2013; US$ 95.00
This tenth edition of Dale and Appelbes Pharmacy and Medicines Law, previously Dale and Appelbe's Pharmacy Law and Ethics, is your definitive guide to law relating to pharmacy and medicine practice in Great Britain. It covers law and professional regulation that all pharmacy and medicine professionals need to know. more...
- Cambridge University Press 2010; US$ 48.00
An interdisciplinary exploration of important developments in neuroscience, and the philosophical, ethical, and social issues that such advancements generate. more...