The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Rutgers University Press 2011; US$ 45.95
Published in 2008, the first volume of Public Health focused on issues from the dawn of western civilization through the Progressive era. Volume 2 defines the public health challenges of the twentieth century--this important reference covers not only how the discipline addressed the problems of disease, but how it responded to economic, environmental,... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2003; US$ 16.00
-Publisher?s Weekly , starred review ?[A] Skilled and graceful exploration of the soul of an astonishing human being.? -Kirkus Reviews , starred review ?A fine writer and his extraordinary subject: Tracy Kidder, in giving us Paul Farmer, lifts up an image of hope?and challenge?that the world urgently needs. Simply put, this is an important... more...
- Profile Books 2010; US$ 11.98
Today we find ourselves in possession of stupendous know-how, which we willingly place in the hands of the most highly skilled people. But avoidable failures are common, and the reason is simple: the volume and complexity of our knowledge has exceeded our ability to consistently deliver it - correctly, safely or efficiently. In this groundbreaking... more...
- Crown/Archetype 2010; US$ 16.00
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER Entertainment Weekly #1 Nonfiction Book of the Year New Yorker Reviewers? Favorite American Library Association Notable Book People Top Ten Book of the Year Washington Post Book World Top Ten Book of the Year Salon.com Best Book of the Year USA Today Ten Books We Loved Reading O, The Oprah Magazine ... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2008; US$ 17.95
National Book Critics Circle Award Winner (Nonfiction) PEN/Oakland Award Winner BCALA Nonfiction Award Winner Gustavus Meyers Award Winner From the era of slavery to the present day, the first full history of black America?s shocking mistreatment as unwilling and unwitting experimental subjects at the hands of the medical establishment. Medical... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2012; US$ 21.99
Bondspeople who fled from slavery during and after the Civil War did not expect that their flight toward freedom would lead to sickness, disease, suffering, and death. But the war produced the largest biological crisis of the nineteenth century, and as historian Jim Downs reveals in this groundbreaking volume, it had deadly consequences for hundreds... more...
- Elsevier Health Sciences Spain 2015; US$ 57.10
* La nueva edición de la obra continua con la filosofía habitual, ya que se trata de un texto profusamente ilustrado ( en 448 páginas se contabilizan cerca de 900 imágenes) en el que se presentan los conceptos básicos y fundamentales que el estudiante debe adquirir en el que se incluye correlación clínica y casos de estudio en donde se relaciona... more...
- Royal Society of Medicine Press 2007; US$ 69.00
This unique title gives a detailed and fascinating account of the history surrounding the development of the London Clinic. Established in 1932 by a group of Harley Street doctors, the London Clinic was originally set up to provide inpatient facilities and accommodate a need of pathology, nursing care, physiotherapy and invasive procedures for Harley... more...