The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Penguin Publishing Group 2015; US$ 29.95
Now a New York Times Bestseller! The bestselling author of The Brain That Changes Itself presents astounding advances in the treatment of brain injury and illness In The Brain That Changes Itself , Norman Doidge described the most important breakthrough in our understanding of the brain in four hundred years: the discovery that the brain... more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2013; US$ 37.00
High Yield Facts Gross Anatomy of the Brain Development Anatomical and Functional Properties of Neurons and Muscle The Synapse Neurochemistry / Neurotransmitters The Spinal Cord The Autonomic Nervous System The Brainstem and Cranial Nerves Sensory Systems Anatomy of the Forebrain Motor Systems Higher Functions... more...
- Penguin Books Ltd 2015; US$ 32.00
The Brain's Way of Healing explores the astonishing advances in the discovery of neuroplasticity, showing that the brain has its own unique way of healing, only recently uncovered. Norman Doidge discusses a series of remarkable recoveries: patients told they would never improve have years of chronic pain alleviated or damage from debilitating strokes... more...
- Guilford Publications 2014; US$ 65.00
1. An Introduction to Psychological Construction, Lisa Feldman Barrett and James A. Russell I. Foundations 2. Mental Mechanisms and Psychological Construction, Mitchell Herschbach & William Bechtel 3. Ten Common Misconceptions about Psychological Construction Theories of Emotion, Lisa Feldman Barrett II. Psychological Construction Theories... more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 2007; US$ 18.00
-The New York Times ?Brilliant...Doidge has identified a tidal shift in basic science...The implications are monumental.? -The London Times ?Fascinating. Doidge?s book is a remarkable and hopeful portrait of the endless adaptability of the human brain.? -Oliver Sacks, MD ?Two years ago, when the journal Cerebrum at the Dana Foundation in the US... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2014; US$ 16.00
NOW A #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER ?Compelling?.Kaku thinks with great breadth, and the vistas he presents us are worth the trip? ?The New York Times Book Review The New York Times best-selling author of PHYSICS OF THE IMPOSSIBLE, PHYSICS OF THE FUTURE and HYPERSPACE tackles the most fascinating and complex object in the known universe: ... more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 2008; US$ 16.00
- ABC News "[Dr. Taylor] brings a deep personal understanding to something she long studied: that the two lobes of the brain have very different personalities." - The New York Times "Fascinating...invaluable...fearless...This book is about the wonder of being human." -Robert Koehler, Tribune Media Services ]]> more...
- Elsevier Health Sciences Spain 2015; US$ 42.11
- Oxford University Press 2015; US$ 57.99
Brain Renaissance, from Vesalius to contemporary neuroscience is published on the 500th anniversary of the birth and the 450th anniversary of the death of Vesalius. The authors translated those Latin chapters of the Fabrica dedicated to the brain, a milestone in the history of neuroscience. Many chapters are accompanied by a commentary tracking the... more...
- Pearson Education 2012; US$ 72.99
3 remarkable books reveal what neuroscientists have just learned about your brain ? and you! Neuroscientists have made absolutely stunning discoveries about the brain: discoveries that are intimately linked to everything from your health and happiness to the age-old debate on free will. In these three extraordinary books, leading scientists... more...