The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- The History Press 2003; US$ 17.49
All but forgotten now, the Great Storm of 26/27 November 1703 was the worst storm experienced in recorded history in the British Isles. Over 8000 people died and the losses of property and shipping were immense. Martin Brayne tells in vivid detail the story of this tragic and catastrophic event. more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 1999; US$ 69.99
1. Hurricane Characteristics. 2. Hurricane Categories and Impacts. 3. Hurricane Climate Data. 4. North Atlantic Hurricanes. 5. Tropical Only Hurricanes. 6. Baroclinically Enhanced Hurricanes. 7. Major Hurricanes. 8. U.S. Hurricanes. 9. Hurricanes of Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and Bermuda. 10. Hurricane Cycles and Trends. 11. Hurricane Return Periods. 12.... more...
- LSU Press 2009; US$ 19.95
Hurricanes of the Gulf of Mexico presents a comprehensive history and analysis of the hurricanes that occurred in the Gulf of Mexico from the 1800s to the present, reporting each hurricane?s point of origin, oceanic and atmospheric influences, track, size, intensity, point of landfall, storm surge, and impact on life and the environment. Additional... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 53.95
First published in 1990, this book describes the nature of the hurricane, one of the world's most dangerous weather hazards. It examines the formation, development, movement, and impact of these tropical cyclones, and assess the ability of science to describe, forecast, and control them. more...
- Shell Education 2010; US$ 8.99
Hurricanes plague the tropics from June through November. Some years bring just a handful of storms. Other years, meteorologists run out of names because there are so many. Readers learn how and where these storms form and the dangers they pose to the land and people who live in Gulf and Atlantic coast regions. 32pp. more...
- Little, Brown and Company 2008; US$ 9.99
The massive destruction wreaked by the Hurricane of 1938 dwarfed that of the Chicago Fire, the San Francisco Earthquake, and the Mississippi floods of 1927, making the storm the worst natural disaster in U.S. history. Now, R.A. Scotti tells the story. more...
- Sourcebooks, Inc. 2009; US$ 15.99
The sleeper history hit of 2008, released in paperback to coincide with the heart of hurricane seasonOn September 2, 1775, the eighth deadliest Atlantic hurricane of all time landed on American shores. Over the next days, it would race up the East Coast, striking all of the important colonial capitols and killing more than four thousand people. In... more...