The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,629,807 members ⚫ 1,172,494 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Penguin Random House South Africa 2013; US$ 21.00
A Guide to the Reptiles of Southern Africa introduces the 517 species currently described in the region, arranged into three main groups ? snakes and lizards, crocodiles, and shelled reptiles. Drawing on the latest scientific research, the authors discuss reptile identification, diversity, biology, distribution patterns, and where to find and observe... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2013; US$ 14.99
The Windward Road , published in 1956, made history. When Archie Carr began to rove the Caribbean to write about sea turtles, he saw that their numbers were dwindling. Out of this appeal to save them grew the first ventures in international sea turtle conservation and the establishment of the Caribbean Conservation Corporation. In addition to sea... more...
- Western Australian Museum 2013; US$ 6.95
Discover the wonder of a natural wetlands habitat through the eyes of a frog. A colourful picture book which introduces young readers to the natural environment of frogs, to the range of flora and other fauna to be found there, and to how all these things are necessary for a healthy environment. The book is a perfect introduction for... more...
- Bloomsbury Publishing 2015; US$ 39.99
South-East Asia is home to one of the most diverse reptile faunas on Earth. A Field Guide to the Reptiles of South-East Asia is the first comprehensive guide to the snakes, lizards, crocodiles, tortoises and turtles of the region. Covering more than 1000 species and subspecies in thorough detail, this field guide provides authoritative, up-to-date... more...
- Pelagic Publishing 2014; US$ 42.99
This book brings together scientific evidence and experience relevant to the practical conservation of amphibians. Approximately 32% of species are threatened with extinction and at least 43% of species are declining. Work is now being carried out to conserve many species, but it is often not adequately documented. more...
- Pelagic Publishing 2015; US$ 42.99
Amphibians are among the most globally endangered groups of vertebrates with more than one-third of species being assessed as declining or threatened. This book is designed to help those carrying out amphibian surveying and monitoring so that the results of their surveys can be used effectively. more...
- HarperCollins Publishers 2014; US$ 11.17
Building on the solid foundations established by the two earlier New Naturalist volumes on this subject, eminent herpetologists Trevor Beebee and Richard Griffiths have brought together a wealth of new and fascinating information on the British amphibians and reptiles. more...
- The University of North Carolina Press 2014; US$ 27.99
Along a tiny spring in a narrow canyon near Death Valley, seemingly against all odds, an Inyo Mountain slender salamander makes its home. "The desert," writes conservation biologist Christopher Norment, "is defined by the absence of water, and yet in the desert there is water enough, if you live properly." Relicts of a Beautiful Sea explores the... more...
- De Vecchi Ediciones 2016; US$ 3.99
* ¿Le gustaría vivir con un pequeño dinosaurio en casa? No estamos bromeando. Si cuenta con el espacio adecuado y con la posibilidad de instalar un terrario apropiado, puede hacerse con una magnífica iguana verde, de un maravilloso color esmeralda con reflejos y rayas preciosas: turquesas o anaranjadas, ocres, grises o negras, según las variedades*... more...