The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- CRC Press 2002; US$ 249.95
1. Physical Processes in Inverse Estuarine Systems Mohammed I El-Sabh, Than H. Augn and Tad S. Murty 2. Light Absorption by Phytoplankton and the Vertical Light Attenuation: Ecological and Physiological Significance F. Schanz, P. Senn and Z. Dubinsky 3. Lingulodinium Polyedrum (Gonyaulux Polyedra) a Blooming Dinoflagellate Jane Lewis and Richard Hallett... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 1999; US$ 164.00
This book offers a comprehensive overview of the models and methods employed in the rapidly advancing field of numerical ocean circulation modelling. For those new to the field, concise reviews of the equations of oceanic motion, sub-grid-scale parameterization, and numerical approximation techniques are presented and four specific numerical models,... more...
- Oxford University Press 2000; US$ 111.99
Braithwaite's argument against punitive justice systems and for restorative justice systems establishes that there are good theoretical and empirical grounds for anticipating that well designed restorative justice processes will restore victims, offenders, and communities better than existing criminal justice practices. Counterintuitively, he also... more...
- Cambridge University Press 2007; US$ 204.00
Review of Lagrangian techniques for researchers and graduate students in physical systems and biological modelling. more...
- Elsevier Science 2001; US$ 136.00
The book represents all the knowledge we currently have on ocean circulation. It presents an up-to-date summary of the state of the science relating to the role of the oceans in the physical climate system. The book is structured to guide the reader through the wide range of World Ocean Circulation Experiment (WOCE) science in a consistent way. ... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2006; US$ 269.00
The Agulhas Current is one of the major currents of the world ocean. In the network of currents that connect the major ocean basins, it forms a key link. This linkage may be of critical importance in the way the ocean affects the earth's climate and climate change. Based on the research findings of 60 years, the author describes the origins of the... more...
- Elsevier Science 2003; US$ 200.00
Hurricanes are one of the most adverse aspects of the ocean environment, with the potential to cause a disastrous event for marine systems in the ocean. This is an invaluable reference for all involved in the field of naval, ocean and coastal engineering. The work clarifies hurricane generated sea conditions necessary for the design and operation... more...
- Elsevier Science 1999; US$ 180.00
The goals of wind wave research are relatively well defined: to be able to predict the wind wave field and its effect on the environment. That environment could be natural (beaches, the atmosphere etc.) or imposed by human endeavour (ports, harbours, coastal settlements etc.). Although the goals are similar, the specific requirements of these various... more...
- Elsevier Science 2004; US$ 190.00
This title presents the systematization and description of accumulated knowledge on oceanic fronts of the Norwegian, Greenland, Barents and Bering Seas. The main fronts of the Norwegian, Greenland and Barents Seas are part of the climatic North Polar Frontal Zone (NPFZ). The work is based on numerous observational data, collected by the authors during... more...