The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Nick Hern Books 2012; US$ 16.03
A ?fast-forward? acting course covering all the essential techniques an actor needs to know and use ? with a suite of exercises to put each technique into practice. The Acting Book offers various ways to analyse a text and to create character, using not only the established processes of Stanislavsky and Meisner, but also new ones developed by the... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2011; US$ 16.00
With A Natural History of the Senses , Diane Ackerman let her free-ranging intellect loose on the natural world. Now in Deep Play she tackles the realm of creativity, by exploring one of the most essential aspects of our characters: the abitlity to play. "Deep play" is that more intensified form of play that puts us in a rapturous mood and awakens... more...
- Skyhorse Publishing, Inc. 2010; US$ 24.95
* Individual, partner, and group exercises to make any actor more expressive * Crucial acting tips based on the work of distinguished theorist Rudolf Laban * 65 original illustrations of anatomy and warm-up exercises This in-depth, fully illustrated guide offers a groundbreaking approach to understanding physical and vocal movement that will... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2005; US$ 16.00
He?s one of America?s most recognizable and acclaimed actors?a star on Broadway, an Oscar nominee for The Aviator, and the only person to ever win Emmys for acting, writing, and directing, during his eleven years on M*A*S*H. Now Alan Alda has written a memoir as elegant, funny, and affecting as his greatest performances. ?My mother didn?t try to stab... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2007; US$ 16.00
On the heels of his acclaimed memoir, Never Have Your Dog Stuffed , beloved actor and bestselling author Alan Alda has written Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself, an insightful and funny look at some of the impossible questions he?s asked himself over the years: What do I value? What, exactly, is the good life? (And what does that even mean?)... more...
- Skyhorse Publishing, Inc. 2011; US$ 24.95
For any actor in or on the way to New York City, this is the definitive source for advice, winning strategies, marketing techniques, and invaluable insights to being a successful New York actor. This new edition has been completely revised and updated to cover the significant changes in the New York theater landscape over the last nine years. This... more...
- Pocket Books 2009; US$ 15.00
Welcome to the critically acclaimed HBO drama series The Wire, hailed as "the best show on television, period" by the San Francisco Chronicle. The New York Times calls it "a vital part of the television landscape...unvarnished realism." Time declares that The Wire, "like its underfunded, workaday cops, just plugged away until it outshone... more...
- Scarecrow Press 2008; US$ 94.99
This is a translation with detailed commentary of 30 commedia dell'arte scenarios first published in 1611 by Flaminio Scala. It aims principally to demonstrate the methodology of Italian improvised theater and the constant interchange of plot, characterization, and scene structure between scripted and improvised comedy. more...