The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2010; US$ 16.00
A Vintage Original "The actor will do, in public, what is considered impossible." When the renowned Polish director Jerzy Grotowski began his 1967 American workshop with these words, his students were stunned. But within four weeks they themselves had experienced the "impossible." In An Acrobat of the Heart , teacher-director-playwright Stephen... more...
- Scarecrow Press 2013; US$ 28.99
In Act Like It?s Your Business: Branding and Marketing Strategies for Actors , Jonathan Flom helps actors and others in the arts understand the power of branding. This guide walks the reader through the process of creating a personal brand for his or her small business and then marketing that brand and broadcasting it through every step of... more...
- Allworth Press 2010; US$ 19.95
• How to cope with the realities of life as an actor—if you don?t laugh, you'll cry • In-depth interviews with actors, agents, casting directors. In this hip, warts-and-all look at acting, author Jason Pugatch shares his insights as a working "day player" to give an unvarnished look at theater, film, and television: how to be "discovered," what to... more...
- Crown/Archetype 2009; US$ 15.99
The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Success Acting in television commercials is a highly competitive business, but it can also be very lucrative. Whether you?re looking for your first break or want to take your acting career to the next level, Squire Fridell will give you the insider?s edge. Arguably the king of TV commercials, Fridell distills four decades... more...
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony 2010; US$ 16.95
Lots of kids want to be actors. Thousands of them. Millions of them. The ones who are serious need a copy of Acting A to Z . Industry insider Katherine Mayfield explains exactly what it's like to be an actor, including what kind of training the young person will need, comparisons of the different types of acting, how to find work, how to prepare for... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2010; US$ 45.95
Actor Training expands on Alison Hodge?s highly-acclaimed and best-selling Twentieth Century Actor Training . This exciting second edition radically updates the original book making it even more valuable for any student of the history and practice of actor training. The bibliography is brought right up to date and many chapters are revised.... more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 1988; US$ 16.00
A challenging, wide-ranging collection of monologues from history?s greatest dramatic works From the stately and poetic Greek tragedies to the lively, bawdy Restoration comedies, the classical repertoire is a treasure trove of often-overlooked materials for male and female, young and old. The solo pieces collected here vary widely in mood, style,... more...