The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Princeton Book Company 2004; US$ 9.95
Elements of Classical Ballet Technique as Practiced in the School for the Dance Theatre of Harlem champions the rich heritage of American dance from Fanny Elssler's triumphs to the square dances of the pioneers and on to the Dance Theatre of Harlem. Originally published in 1977, the text serves as a theoretical and practical outline of Shook's... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 18.99
1. Introduction. 2. Getting Your Foundation: Pedagogy. 3. B-Boy Text: Aesthetics. 4. Crews. 5. I hate b-boys - that's why I break: Battling. 6. Like old folk songs handed down from generation to generation: history, canon, and community in B-boy culture. 7. If Breaking came out of Uprock, then Hip-Hop didn't start in the Bronx: B-boy History.... more...
- University Press of Florida 2014; US$ 34.95
The history of jazz dance is best understood by comparing it to a tree. The art form's roots are African. Its trunk is vernacular, shaped by European influence, and exemplified by the Charleston and the Lindy Hop. The branches are many and varied and include tap, Broadway, funk, hip-hop, Afro-Caribbean, Latin, pop, club jazz, popping, B-boying, party... more...
- New in Chess 2014; US$ 23.95
Mikhail Tal was one of the greatest geniuses in chess history. Feared and admired for his dazzling attacks, the ?Magician from Riga? took the chess world by storm. In 1960, at the age of twenty-three, he wrested the world title from Mikhail Botvinnik to become the youngest World Champion ever. In this book Karsten Müller and Raymund Stolze have created... more...
- WBG - Wissenschaftliche Buchgesellschaft 2012; US$ 13.86
Die Beschäftigung mit ästhetischen Problemen stellt von jeher eines der zentralen Felder philosophischer Reflexion dar. Im vorliegenden Einführungsband werden zunächst die Grundlagen der Disziplin erläutert. Was nimmt sich die philosophische Ästhetik zum Thema? Hat sie nur oder vor allem mit der Kunst zu tun? Stehen ästhetische Eigenschaften oder ästhetische... more...
- Ashgate Publishing Ltd 2014; US$ 124.95
Dance has been connected to the practices and ideologies that have shaped notions of a Nordic region for more than a century and it is ingrained into the culture and society of the region. This book investigates different dance phenomena that have either engaged with or dismantled notions of Nordicness. Looking to the motion of dancers and dance forms... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2010; US$ 43.95
The second edition of The Routledge Dance Studies Reader offers fresh critical perspectives on classic and modern dance forms, including ballroom, tango, Hip-hop, site-specific performance, and disability in dance. Alexandra Carter and Janet O?Shea deliver a substantially revised and updated collection of key texts, featuring an enlightening new... more...