The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 35.95
Ballet: From the First Pli; to Mastery is designed as a complement to a beginning student's ballet training. The book opens with a brief description of the benefits of ballet training to young dancers, and then introduces fundamentals and precepts of the technique. Clear photographs show exactly how to execute each movement. Then an eight-year course... more...
- McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers 2013; US$ 45.00
The story of this groundbreaking summer dance program is told through the voices of staff, faculty, and students. Administrative director Mary Josephine Shelly's previously unpublished writings form a key summary of eight of the nine summer sessions. The Bennington School of the Dance held classes from 1934 through 1942 at Bennington College in Vermont,... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 54.95
* Score, photographs, and production details of one of this century's best-loved ballets * Includes rare archival material * Packaged with audio CD This work brings together the complete dance score of The Green Table--one of the most famous ballets of the 20th century--in Labanotation, along with music notation for the piano accompaniment and a complete... more...
- Parkstone International 2013; US$ 5.00
Auguste Macke (1887-1914) est un maître de l?expressionnisme allemand, un mouvement qui s?est développé au début des années 1900. Les expressionnistes voulaient utiliser l?art pour dépeindre les émotions davantage que les choses matérielles et la réalité, en insistant particulièrement sur les idées noires, la tragédie et l?« Angst », l?angoisse. Macke... more...
- Berghahn Books 2012; US$ 29.95
Dance is more than an aesthetic of life ? dance embodies life. This is evident from the social history of jive, the marketing of trans-national ballet, ritual healing dances in Italy or folk dances performed for tourists in Mexico, Panama and Canada. Dance often captures those essential dimensions of social life that cannot be easily put into words.... more...
- Berghahn Books 2014; US$ 70.00
Based on extensive ethnographic fieldwork in New York and Dakar, this book explores the Senegalese dance-rhythms Sabar from the research position of a dance student. It features a comparative analysis of the pedagogical techniques used in dance classes in New York and Dakar, which in turn shed light on different aesthetics and understandings of... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 30.95
Dance Masters is a lively ensemble of conversations with seven celebrated dancers and choreographers. In these intimate interviews, dance critic Janet Lynn Roseman probes the heart of dance: * The creative process * The role of dream and rituals * The interplay between dancer and audience * The spiritual aspects of performance These dance... more...