The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 32.95
This edited collection charts the development of contemporary dance in Central and Eastern Europe since the literal and symbolic revolutions of 1989. Central Europe and the former Soviet Bloc countries were a major presence in dance ? particularly theatrical dance ? throughout the twentieth century. With the fragmentation of traditional structures... more...
- Andrews UK 2013; US$ 3.99
Are you a fan of motor racing? Do you follow all the twists and turns of the grand prix circuit? If so, you will undoubtedly be familiar with Formula 1 driver, Fernando Alonso, the 2005/6 world champion. But how much do you know about Fernandos life on and off the circuit? Where and when was El Nano born? How did he first get into... more...
- McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers 2009; US$ 29.95
This analytical history traces representations of flamenco dance in Spain and abroad from the twentieth century to the present, using histories, film, accounts of live performances, and practitioner interviews. Beginning with an analysis of flamenco historiography, the text examines images of the female dancer in films by Luis Bunuel, Carlos Saura,... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2003; US$ 56.95
In this rich interdisciplinary study Tim Scholl provides a provocative and timely re-evaluation of the development of ballet from the 1880s to the middle of the twentieth century. In the light of a thoughtful re-appraisal of dance classicism he locates the roots of modern ballet in the works of Marius Petipa, rather than in the much-celebrated choreographic... more...
- Lexington Books 2013; US$ 44.99
This book is the first comprehensive examination of the relationship between dance and geography. It includes articles from geographers, anthropologists, dance historians, architects, and urban planners and examines how dance uses, transforms and gives meaning to the everyday spaces we inhabit. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 54.95
First Published in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 56.95
* Score, photographs, and production details of one of this century's best-loved ballets * Includes rare archival material * Packaged with audio CD This work brings together the complete dance score of The Green Table--one of the most famous ballets of the 20th century--in Labanotation, along with music notation for the piano accompaniment and a complete... more...
- The Edwin Mellen Press 2009; US$ 159.95
This study of Rudolf Laban, pre-eminent dance theorist of the twentieth century, provides the first comprehensive analysis of his theoretical explorations. Based upon an examination of unpublished writings and drawings from the final two decades of Labans career, the work traces Labans systematic integration of various strands of research... more...