The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2007; US$ 163.00
The ideas and principles of stochastic analysis have managed to penetrate into various fields of pure and applied mathematics in the last 15 years; it is particularly true for mathematical physics. This volume provides a wide range of applications of stochastic analysis in fields as varied as statistical mechanics, hydrodynamics, Yang–Mills... more...
- Oxford University Press, UK 2008; US$ 124.99
- ;The book develops the dynamical theory of scattering from random media from first principles. Its key findings are to characterize the time evolution of the scattered field in terms of stochastic differential equations, and to illustrate this framework more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2006; US$ 9.99
Der Mensch ist mehr als die Summe seiner Organe. Pflegende ben÷tigen Kenntnisse Řber psychische, somatische, soziale und rechtliche Aspekte. Diese vermittelt das vorliegende praxisbezogene Grundlagenwerk... more...
- Springer 2006; US$ 125.00
The random-cluster model is a key tool in the mathematical study of ferromagnetism. This study includes accounts of the subcritical and supercritical phases, with statements of important open problems. It covers the first-order (discontinuous) phase transition, and applications of the random-cluster method to other models of statistical physics. more...
- Elsevier Science 2005; US$ 350.00
Fluctuating parameters appear in a variety of physical systems and phenomena. They typically come either as random forces/sources, or advecting velocities, or media (material) parameters, like refraction index, conductivity, diffusivity, etc. The well known example of Brownian particle suspended in fluid and subjected to random molecular bombardment... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 1995; US$ 124.00
Recently, interacting particle systems have been studied widely from the standpoints of mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology. Many researchers are becoming interested in this field.This book focuses on the phase transitions of interacting particle systems, especially their critical values and order parameters. It poses the following question:... more...
- Oxford University Press, UK 2006; US$ 124.99
Melvin Lax was a member of the US National Academy of Sciences, and widely known for his contributions in the field of random processes in physics. This book uniquely presents Lax's theoretical treatment of random processes, including applications to laser and semiconductor physics, light propagation in scattering media, and investment decisions.... more...