The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,757,227 members ⚫ 1,221,934 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Ransom Publishing 2013; US$ 9.99
Jack is the youngest cadet to be chosen by the RAF to learn to fly a glider. He hopes that when he is older he may be able to fly real planes in the war. However, for all his flying prowess, he has a fear of coming in to land. Cecil thinks this weakness makes Jack unsuited to flying and when Jack makes a dangerous mistake, Cecil's determined he'll... more...
- De Gruyter 2008; US$ 23.50
- Die unmittelbare Begegnung mit der Epoche: Umgang mit Originalen, Verstehen und Missverstehen frühneuzeitlicher Dokumente - Der vermittelte Zugang zur Epoche: Epochenbegriff und Epochengrenzen, Forschungs- und Wirkungsgeschichte - Der frühneuzeitliche Literaturbegriff: Text und Intertextualität, Rhetorik und Schreibpraxis, Autor und Medien, Gattungen... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 47.95
Long overshadowed by her more widely read and reprinted son Anthony, Frances Trollope is almost exclusively remembered for her travel writing and especially for the notoriously controversial Domestic Manners of the Americans . Her impressively prolific career as a writer, however, covered and transgressed several genres, and spanned the early 1830s... more...
- Peter Owen Publishers 2013; US$ 19.99
In 1971 Erin Pizzey set up the world s first refuge for battered women and their children. 40 years later, she describes the battles she was forced to fight: against the establishment, the church, the courts, and not least, the women s movement. She also describes her own troubled childhood, her discovery of feminism and her political activism, including... more...
- Melbourne University Press 2008; US$ 23.33
A Family History of Smoking is a compelling memoir about two European families living through the last gasps of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. From great-grandfather David, who saw his family's fortunes decline with the gradual rise of anti-Semitism, to the ultra-modern, glamorous mother who held her family together through World War II, Andrew Riemer... more...
- The Gallery Press 2013; US$ 14.99
Waves and Trees is a book of unusual light, filled with scintillations, gleams, glints and glistenings. A series of delicate formal shapes, all rhymes and rhythms, follows a number of longer poems and together they meld the matter of contemporary Dublin suburbs with new, and renewed, bucolics, and a personal, familial world with historical dramas of... more...
- The Gallery Press 2013; US$ 14.99
Writing in Poetry Review Roddy Lumsden found cause to praise David Wheatley's wilfully impressive form and rampaging vocabulary', while in the TLS Peter Reading commended his technical resources as an unobtrusive pleasure to read'. A Nest on the Waves, taking its title from the folk belief that petrels lay their eggs at sea, ruminates on themes of... more...