The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,603,993 members ⚫ 1,165,375 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Taylor and Francis 2010; US$ 44.95
In this volume, Gronas addresses the full range of psychological, social, and historical issues that bear on the mnemonic existence of modern literary works, particularly Russian literature. He focuses on the mnemonic processes involved in literary creativity, and the question of how our memories of past reading experiences shape the ways in which... more...
- The Edwin Mellen Press 2014; US$ 149.95
A first ever work on comparative genre papers covering several genres on materials drawn from Chinese and Western literary traditions. The ultimate goal of the book is to describe a general, semiotics-based poetics of comparative genres and of the literary reception process. more...
- De Gruyter 2015; US$ 140.00
The essays in this volume investigate references to scientific knowledge in 19 th century lyrical and epic verse. The case studies address examples from French, German, and English literature and inquire into the functions of scientific references as well asinto specific textual structures which developed as literature and science interact.... more...
- Editions Rodopi 2006; US$ 50.40
On considère dhabitude lexotisme de Victor Segalen comme une des tentatives les plus poussées de fonder lécriture sur la découverte dun autre monde, de même quon loue Walden dHenry David Thoreau pour son évocation dune vie simple et idéale qui serait à la portée... more...
- De Gruyter 2008; US$ 31.00
- Diskussion von Epochenbild, Epochenbegriff und Epochengrenzen - Lebensbedingungen und Weltbilder - Gemeinschaftsformen: Familie, Haus, Stadt, Herrschaft, Genossenschaft - Herrschaftsformen und Herrschaftsstrukturen: Königtum, Kirche, Grundherrschaft, Lehnswesen - Kommunikation und Kultur: Wort, Schrift, symbolorientiertes Handeln - Wissensorganisation,... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2012; US$ 48.95
As we approach the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War, this timely reissue, first published in 1991, evaluates the function of poetry in wartime Europe, arguing that war poetry must be understood as a social as well as a literary phenomenon. As well as locating the work of well-known French, English and German war poets in a European... more...
- The University Press of Kentucky 2015; US$ 19.95
When Kathleen Driskell tells her husband that she's gone to visit the neighbors, she means something different than most. The noted poet -- whose last book, Seed across Snow , was twice listed as a national bestseller by the Poetry Foundation -- lives in an old country church just outside Louisville, Kentucky. Next door is an old graveyard that... more...
- Columbia University Press 2013; US$ 29.99
Christopher Collins introduces an exciting new field of research traversing evolutionary biology, anthropology, archaeology, cognitive psychology, linguistics, neuroscience, and literary study. Paleopoetics maps the selective processes that originally shaped the human genus millions of years ago and prepared the human brain to play, imagine, empathize,... more...