The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Princeton University Press 2015; US$ 29.95
An essential responsibility of the U.S. Congress is holding the president accountable for the conduct of foreign policy. In this in-depth look at formal oversight hearings by the Senate Armed Services and Foreign Relations committees, Linda Fowler evaluates how the legislature?s most visible and important watchdogs performed from the mid-twentieth... more...
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishers 2015; US$ 23.99
1. A Midterm Course Correction, Larry J. Sabato 2. The Primaries of 2014: More Than Meets the Eye, Rhodes Cook 3. The 2014 Senate Elections?and Beyond, James Hohmann 4. The State of the House: The Midterm?s Presidential Penalty Strikes Again, Kyle Kondik 5. It?s Good to Be a Republican: The Governors? Edition, Geoffrey Skelley ... more...
- University of Chicago Press 2015; US$ 40.00
When Thomas Jefferson struck a deal for the Louisiana Purchase in 1803, he knew he was adding a new national power to those specified in the Constitution, but he also believed his actions were in the nation?s best interest. His successors would follow his example, setting their own constitutional precedents. Tracing the evolution and expansion of... more...
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishers 2015; US$ 26.99
Updated to include the 2014 midterms and previewing the coming 2016 election cycle, After Hope and Change provides a comprehensive and authoritative account of the national election by James W. Ceaser, Andrew E. Busch, and John J. Pitney Jr. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2015; US$ 44.95
Peter deLeon argues that while it is often individuals who actually engage in political corruption, it is the US political system that condones or encourages such actions. Once this perspective is recognised, one can begin to understand ways in which the costs of corruption might be alleviated. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2015; US$ 99.95
We think of our American democracy as being a model for the world--and it has been. But today it compares unfavorably in some respects, especially when it comes to the universal franchise. The right to vote is more conditional and less exercised in the United States than in many other mature democracies. As became clear to all in the presidential election... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2015; US$ 44.95
First Published in 2015. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company. more...
- Princeton University Press 2015; US$ 32.95
Despite heightened partisanship in the U.S. Congress and constituencies split along ideological lines, congressional representatives frequently buck their parties and seldom do precisely what voters ask. In Personal Roots of Representation , Barry Burden challenges standard explanations of legislative preferences to emphasize the important role that... more...
- RAND Corporation 2015; US$ 9.95
This report addresses two questions: first, whether the spatial distribution of the American electorate has become more geographically clustered over the last 40 years with respect to party voting and socioeconomic attributes; and second, whether this clustering process has contributed to rising polarization in the U.S. House of Representatives. more...
- University of Alabama Press 2015; US$ 44.95
This is the first volume comprehensively to explore the dynamics of political interest groups in the twelve southern states ? the types of group, lobbyists and lobbying tactics, state regulation of lobbying activity, and the power they exert in the individual states. The authors bring a new dimension to the study of southern politics, which traditionally... more...