The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- St. Martin's Press 2015; US$ 19.99
Introduction * 9/11: Canonization and Coverup * A War on Dissent? * Hollow Steel: Bush vs. Free Trade * Ed Fraud 101 * AmeriCorps and Moral Reformation * Bush's Farm Fiasco * Spending as Caring * The Political Profits of Pointless Punishment * Government by Stealth * The New Iron Curtain * Airport Antics: The TSA Attitude Police * John Ashcroft, King... more...
- Princeton University Press 2015; US$ 17.95
All American presidents, past and present, have cared deeply about power--acquiring, protecting, and expanding it. While individual presidents obviously have other concerns, such as shaping policy or building a legacy, the primacy of power considerations--exacerbated by expectations of the presidency and the inadequacy of explicit powers in the Constitution--sets... more...
- Princeton University Press 2015; US$ 29.95
An essential responsibility of the U.S. Congress is holding the president accountable for the conduct of foreign policy. In this in-depth look at formal oversight hearings by the Senate Armed Services and Foreign Relations committees, Linda Fowler evaluates how the legislature?s most visible and important watchdogs performed from the mid-twentieth... more...
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishers 2015; US$ 23.99
1. A Midterm Course Correction, Larry J. Sabato 2. The Primaries of 2014: More Than Meets the Eye, Rhodes Cook 3. The 2014 Senate Elections?and Beyond, James Hohmann 4. The State of the House: The Midterm?s Presidential Penalty Strikes Again, Kyle Kondik 5. It?s Good to Be a Republican: The Governors? Edition, Geoffrey Skelley ... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2015; US$ 235.00
This handbook offers a comprehensive picture of the European activities of national parliaments in all 28 member states of the European Union. In the aftermath of the Lisbon Treaty, it assesses the extent to which national legislatures actually matter in European governance. more...
- Penguin Publishing Group 2015; US$ 35.00
New York Times Book Review ?A stout defense--indeed, the best I have read--of the Obama years." A New York Times Bestseller David Axelrod has always been a believer. Whether as a young journalist investigating city corruption, a campaign consultant guiding underdog candidates against entrenched orthodoxy, or as senior adviser to the... more...
- Encounter Books 2015; US$ 27.99
After the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin was asked, “Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?? Franklin?s response: “A Republic—if you can keep it.? This book argues: we couldn?t keep it. A true republic privileges the common interest above the special interests. To do this, our Constitution established an elaborate... more...