The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Farrar, Straus and Giroux 2011; US$ 16.99
1. The authors begin with recollections of their youth, capturing the economic and political climate of the 1950s and '60s. What does "that used to be us" look like in your family's memories? 2. The book's title comes from remarks President Obama delivered at the time of the 2010 midterm elections, when Republican victories changed the balance of... more...
- Picador 2007; US$ 18.99
This Independence Day edition of The World is Flat 3.0 includes an an exclusive preview of That Used to Be Us: How America Fell Behind in the World It Invented and How We Can Come Back , by Thomas L. Friedman and Michael Mandelbaum, on sale September 5th, 2011. A New Edition of the Phenomenal #1 Bestseller "One mark of a great book... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2010; US$ 105.00
Following the disintegration of the Soviet bloc, many Central and Eastern European Countries launched a vigorous 'return to Europe' campaign, which primarily focused on accession to NATO and the European Union. By 2007, ten countries became members of the Euro-Atlantic community, personifying the long-awaited reunification of Europe. more...
- Princeton University Press 2009; US$ 37.50
With the 2003 invasion and subsequent occupation of Iraq, the most controversial question in world politics fast became whether the United States stands within the order of international law or outside it. Does America still play by the rules it helped create? American Exceptionalism and Human Rights addresses this question as it applies to U.S.... more...
- SAGE India 2009; US$ 39.95
This work looks at the impact of decentralization on local governance arrangements. and citizen participation in urban democracy processes in India. To analyse the. various issues, it includes case studies from the major cities throughout the. country. New Forms of Urban Governance in India: Shifts, Models, Networks and Contestations. examines how... more...
- Cambridge University Press 2015; US$ 80.00
This book examines the role of Russian and Serbian nationalism in dissolution of the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia in 1991. more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2015; US$ 105.00
PART I: INTRODUCTION 1. Explaining State Transformations: A Framework; Steffen Schneider and Heinz Rothgang PART II: RESOURCE DIMENSION: THE TERRITORIAL STATE 2. The Rise and Decline of Public Enterprises in Western Democracies; Carina Schmitt and Herbert Obinger 3. The Competing State: Transformations of the Public/Private Sector Earnings Gap in... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2015; US$ 90.00
Introduction 1. The Question of a European Union 'Beyond the State' 2. On the Limited Imagination of Neofunctionalism 3. Political Theory Meets European Integration Studies 4. In Search of a Foundation for Europe 5. Solana's Struggle 6. Euro-crafting at Border Zones Conclusion more...