The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- SAGE Publications 2001; US$ 69.00
- What impact does gender difference make to political decision-making? - Will the political empowerment of women contribute to a more peaceful world? The role of gender has been increasingly recognized as central to the study and analysis of the traditionally male domains of war and international relations. This book explores the... more...
- Emerald Group Publishing Limited 2005; US$ 105.00
Including chapters from a group of Eurasian scholars, journalists, and diplomats, this volume is focused on a peace agenda grounded in a dialogue among the Eurasia civilizations. Dealing with the problems and prospects of such a dialogue and its consequences for world peace, it focuses on the dilemmas and challenges in Eurasian security. more...
- Cambridge University Press 2004; US$ 56.00
An analysis of peace treaty practice from the late fifteenth century to the Peace of Versailles of 1919. more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2007; US$ 100.00
This collection on peace education includes contributions from an international group of scholars representing a wide variety of geographical conflict areas and exemplifying the multiple venues of peace educational labour. A strong emphasis is given to integrative and sustained long-term peace education efforts. more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2005; US$ 105.00
Addressing decision-making over interstate disputes and the democratic peace thesis, Choi and James build an interactive foreign policy decision-making model with a special emphasis on civil-military relations, conscription, diplomatic channels and media openness. Each is significant in explaining decisions over dispute involvement. The temporal scope... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2004; US$ 38.00
Combining theoretical analyzes with case studies, this book increases understanding of the internationalization, diffusion and escalation of ethnic conflict. The essays stand at the nexus of comparative politics and international relations, examining the influence on ethnic conflict of the weakening of state institutional structures, the role of non-state... more...
- University of Minnesota Press 1999; US$ 72.00
Time and again the United Nations has deployed peacekeeping missions in trouble spots around the globe: Iraq, Somalia, Bosnia, Rwanda. Has peace ensued? Have these missions, in fact, made any difference in the disorder and destruction they are purported to forestall? Or are they, as Franšois Debrix contends in this critical revisiting of UN interventions,... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2007; US$ 49.95
Based on a wealth of sources, files and interviews, and including previously unpublished material, this book explores the foundations of the political ethics of Dag Hammarskj÷ld, the second Secretary-General of the United Nations, examining how they influenced his actions in several key crisis situations. more...