The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- McGraw-Hill Education 2012; US$ 44.00
This book fills the gap in the market for an accessible, general introduction to advocacy, specifically aimed at social workers. The book looks at the value base of advocacy as well as emphasising practice and skills such as assertiveness and negotiation. more...
- Columbia University Press 2013; US$ 39.99
This text proposes corrective action to improve the institutional care of African American children and their families, calling attention to the specific needs of this population and the historical, social, and political factors that have shaped its experience within the child welfare system. The authors critique policy and research and suggest culturally... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2012; US$ 161.00
Drawing on data from three separate studies that involved interviews with and observations of youths in community and service centers, offers an initial design for a program to help young, at-risk African-American males. Finds the studies to agree on the importance of caring relationships and philosophical orientations to promote spiritual growth.... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 48.95
A portrait of two important black social scientists and a broader history of race relations, this important work captures the vitality and chaos of post-war politics in New York, recasting the story of the civil rights movement. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 51.95
First published in 1998. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company. more...
- Charles C Thomas 2010; US$ 59.95
The profession of social work has a long and admirable history of attending to issues related to diversity and oppression. This new edition continues to examine the disciplinary attention regarding the provision of services to clientele who were most often marginalized by mainstream society. By understanding certain aspects of the culture experienced... more...
- Springer 2014; US$ 79.99
Culture plays a crucial role in our lives. Depending on our cultural background, we judge on and react to everything that we encounter. Subtle differences in behavior can lead to misunderstandings or even culture shock. In a similar manner, virtual characters can be declined by certain user groups when showing culturally inappropriate behavior. But... more...
- Ashgate Publishing Ltd 2013; US$ 129.95
In this volume, Indigenous and non-Indigenous social work scholars examine local cultures, beliefs, values, and practices as central to decolonization. Supported by a growing interest in spirituality and ecological awareness in international social work, they interrogate trends, issues, and debates in Indigenous social work theory, practice methods,... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2009; US$ 27.99
1. Overview of Cross-Cultural Research. 2. Process of Cross-Cultural Instrument Development and Assessment. 3. Preliminary Steps in Cross-Cultural Instrument Development. 4. Adopting or Adapting Existing Instruments. 5. Developing New Instruments. 6. Assessing Measurement Equivalence. 7. Testing Cross-Cultural Measurement Invariance. 8. Concluding... more...