The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Springer US 2012; US$ 99.00
1. The Ethics of Intervention.- 2. Changing Families through Parent and Family Education: Review and Analysis.- 3. A Balancing Act: Preserving Family Autonomy and Protecting the Child.- 4. School, Occupation, Culture, and Family: The Impact of Parental Schooling on the Parent-Child Relationship.- 5. Parents? Beliefs about Child Socialization: A Study... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 270.00
Tavistock Press was established as a co-operative venture between the Tavistock Institute and Routledge & Kegan Paul (RKP) in the 1950s to produce a series of major contributions across the social sciences. This volume is part of a 2001 reissue of a selection of those important works which have since gone out of print, or are difficult to locate.... more...
- Touchstone 2008; US$ 15.99
It could be you or someone you love. Strong, silent types are everywhere, and it is their telltale silence that has kept their problems hidden until now. A silent son can come from a family that coped with violence, alcoholism, child abuse, extreme rigidity, or divorce, but all silent sons have certain common characteristics: They keep things that... more...
- Temple University Press 2009; US$ 31.95
Reclaiming Class offers essays written by women who changed their lives through the pathway of higher education. Collected, they offer a powerful testimony of the importance of higher learning, as well as a critique of the programs designed to alleviate poverty and educational disparity. The contributors explore the ideologies of welfare and American... more...
- Indiana University Press 2004; US$ 30.35
In Philanthropy, Patronage, and Civil Society, Thomas Adam has assembled a comparative set of case studies that challenge long-held and little-studied assumptions about the modern development of philanthropy. Histories of philanthropy have often neglected European patterns of giving and the importance... more...
- Indiana University Press 2009; US$ 33.10
In 19th-century Leipzig, Toronto, New York, and Boston, a newly emergent group of industrialists and entrepreneurs entered into competition with older established elite groups for social recognition as well as cultural and political leadership. The competition was played out on the field of philanthropy,... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan Ltd. 2002; US$ 50.00
This text provides a comprehensive and critical introduction to the relationship between social policy and social work. It examines a range of social policy sectors as they impact on the work of professionals in the particular fields of social work, social care, community care and residential care. more...
- Kohlhammer Verlag 2012; US$ 12.70
Das Buch nimmt pointiert zu einigen neuralgischen Punkten der fachlichen und gesellschaftlichen Diskussion im ''Umgang mit Behinderung'' Stellung. Vor überzogenen Erwartungen, die sich an institutionelle Veränderungen des Schulsystems knüpfen (''Von der Integration zur Inklusion''), wird aufgrund des vorliegenden empirischen Erkenntnisstandes gewarnt... more...