The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- SensePublishers 2013; US$ 49.99
Purpose, Process and Future Direction of Disability Research brings together the collective experience of an international network of early career researchers who set out to discuss the complexity of researching disability. As newcomers to the research process, the researchers detail their apprehensions about embarking on doctoral research, together... more...
- Springer US 2012; US$ 99.00
1. The Ethics of Intervention.- 2. Changing Families through Parent and Family Education: Review and Analysis.- 3. A Balancing Act: Preserving Family Autonomy and Protecting the Child.- 4. School, Occupation, Culture, and Family: The Impact of Parental Schooling on the Parent-Child Relationship.- 5. Parents? Beliefs about Child Socialization: A Study... more...
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 149.00
Caring for the disabled is often an all-consuming responsibility for one or more family members, demanding skills such as financial acumen and emotional sensitivity. This book addresses the complexities of care giving and includes valuable personal testimony. more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 159.00
Presenting fresh technology that facilitates the independent living of those with special needs, this collection of papers from the Ambient Assisted Living II conference also addresses micro- and macroeconomic factors and discusses ethical and legal issues. more...
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 129.00
This major contribution to improving education for the hearing impaired provides psychometric data for the deaf across numerous neurocognitive measures and introduces an inclusive test toolkit for assessing their academic skills and cognitive functioning. more...
- Springer US 2013; US$ 129.00
This is a landmark publication in the area of technology and aging. Exploring key application areas, it serves as a statement of the current state-of-the-art and as a pointer to directions for future research and emerging technologies, products, and services. more...
- Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2013; US$ 49.99
Das Schreckensszenario der alternden Gesellschaft hat bis vor kurzem die öffentliche Debatte geprägt. Nun hat sich der Wind gedreht. Der demografische Wandel wird nicht mehr nur als Risiko, sondern vermehrt als Chance begriffen. Im vorliegenden Band werden die Herausforderungen einer alternden Gesellschaft und deren sozial-politische Bearbeitung aus... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2009; US$ 99.00
This project draws together the diverse strands of the debate regarding disability in a way never before combined in a single volume. After providing a representative sampling of competing philosophical approaches to the conceptualization of disability as such, the volume goes on to address such themes as the complex interplay between disability and... more...
- Springer US 2012; US$ 179.00
The aging of populations is one of the major economic and social developments shaping the 21st century. This timely book aims to integrate our understanding of the changing meanings, representations, and experiences of aging and the key factors shaping them. more...
- Springer Netherlands 2013; US$ 129.00
This text explores quality of life issues among chronically ill or disabled people from across the globe. It considers the lived experience and subjective well being of these people and also addresses the challenges of psychometric measurement and comparison. more...