The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2007; US$ 67.95
The relationship between thinking and feeling has puzzled philosophers for centuries, but more recently has become a dominant focus in psychology and in the brain sciences. This second edition of the highly praised Cognition and Emotion examines everything from past philosophical to current psychological perspectives in order to offer a novel understanding... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2003; US$ 54.95
The affective connotations of environmental stimuli are evaluated spontaneously and with minimal cognitive processing. The activated evaluations influence subsequent emotional and cognitive processes. Featuring original contributions from leading researchers active in this area, this book reviews and integrates the most recent research and theories... more...
- Oxford University Press 2008; US$ 34.99
Dan Haybron presents an illuminating examination of well-being, drawing on important recent work in the science of happiness. He shows that we are remarkably prone to error in judgements of our own personal welfare, and suggests that we should rethink traditional assumptions about the good life and the good society. - ;The pursuit of happiness is a... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2007; US$ 59.99
1. The Problem of Feelings. 2. Emotional Expressions. 3. Postures, Gaze, and Action. 4. Autonomic Arousal and Emotional Feeling. 5. Theoretical Summary on Emotion. 6. Non-Emotional Feelings: Confidence, Pride and Self-Esteem. 7. Motivation and Hunger. 8. Cognitive Feelings, of Knowing, Familiarity and Tip of the Tongue. 9. Attitudes and Cognitive Dissonance.... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2004; US$ 21.99
1. Introduction: Piecing Passions Apart. 2. Feeling Without Thinking. 3. Embodied Appraisals. 4. Basic Emotions and Nature. 5. Emotions and Nature. 6. Emotions and Nurture. 7. Valence. 8. A Typology of Affective States. 9. Emotional Consciousness. 10. Is Getting Mad Like Seeing Red?. Coda: Parting Ways. References. Index more...
- Wiley 2009; US$ 50.00
An affirming guide equipping family therapists to effectively incorporate positive psychology within their practices The next step in the evolution of family therapy, positive psychology has enabled family therapists to help families?whatever their form?to build upon their strengths, overcome dysfunction, and move to new levels of harmony and thriving.... more...
- Springer Publishing Company 2008; US$ 199.00
"...brilliant..."-- Malcolm Gladwell , Author of Blink. Tomkins's magnum opus, Affect Imagery Consciousness , was published by Springer Publishing Company in four volumes over 30 years. When Tomkins began writing the book in the 1950's, American psychology was dominated by psychoanalytic and behaviorist theories--neither of which... more...
- Springer Publishing Company 2006; US$ 45.00
This volume is a sequel to the landmark work that established an exciting new field of study, Stress, Appraisal and Coping (Lazarus and Folkman, 1984). The author now explores the newest trends in research and theory, focusing on the rationale for a cognitive-mediational approach to stress and emotions. He makes clear distinctions between social stress,... more...
- Ashgate Publishing Ltd 2012; US$ 134.95
Through scares ranging from cot death, juvenile crime, internet porn, asylum seekers, dirty bombs and avian flu, we are bombarded with messages about emerging risks. Through new theories and new research findings, this book builds together a coherent argument, linking political events taking place at an international scale to ordinary people's... more...