The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Springer 2005; US$ 29.99
Der sensationelle Erfolg der 1. Auflage hat bewiesen, dass es DAS unterhaltsame Psychologielehrbuch gibt!In der Neuauflage gelingt es dem Autor erneut, in überzeugender Weise Emotionen zu definieren, ergründen und entwickeln zu lassen. Peppig geschrieben und reich bebildert, entbehrt das Buch dennoch nicht wissenschaftlicher Grundlagen. more...
- Oxford University Press 1995; US$ 24.99
Passion and Reason draws on four decades of research to bring readers the first book to move beyond both clinical jargon and 'feel-good' popular psychology to explain how emotions are aroused, how they are managed, and how they critically shape views of ourselves and the world around us. more...
- Oxford University Press 2005; US$ 26.99
Provides an explanation of human nature, which is to say how people think, act, and feel, what they want, and how they interact with each other. The central idea of this book is that the human psyche was designed by evolution to enable people to create and sustain culture. more...
- University of Minnesota Press 2005; US$ 60.00
Elspeth Probyn contends that shame is a powerful resource in rethinking who we are and who we want to be. What shames us says a great deal about our character as individuals and as a society. Blush combines psychology and cultural criticism, sociology and popular science, to present a unique perspective on debates about the ethics and emotion of identity. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2007; US$ 67.95
The relationship between thinking and feeling has puzzled philosophers for centuries, but more recently has become a dominant focus in psychology and in the brain sciences. This second edition of the highly praised Cognition and Emotion examines everything from past philosophical to current psychological perspectives in order to offer a novel understanding... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2003; US$ 54.95
The affective connotations of environmental stimuli are evaluated spontaneously and with minimal cognitive processing. The activated evaluations influence subsequent emotional and cognitive processes. Featuring original contributions from leading researchers active in this area, this book reviews and integrates the most recent research and theories... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2007; US$ 59.99
1. The Problem of Feelings. 2. Emotional Expressions. 3. Postures, Gaze, and Action. 4. Autonomic Arousal and Emotional Feeling. 5. Theoretical Summary on Emotion. 6. Non-Emotional Feelings: Confidence, Pride and Self-Esteem. 7. Motivation and Hunger. 8. Cognitive Feelings, of Knowing, Familiarity and Tip of the Tongue. 9. Attitudes and Cognitive Dissonance.... more...