The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- University of Minnesota Press 2005; US$ 60.00
Elspeth Probyn contends that shame is a powerful resource in rethinking who we are and who we want to be. What shames us says a great deal about our character as individuals and as a society. Blush combines psychology and cultural criticism, sociology and popular science, to present a unique perspective on debates about the ethics and emotion of identity. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2007; US$ 67.95
The relationship between thinking and feeling has puzzled philosophers for centuries, but more recently has become a dominant focus in psychology and in the brain sciences. This second edition of the highly praised Cognition and Emotion examines everything from past philosophical to current psychological perspectives in order to offer a novel understanding... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2003; US$ 54.95
The affective connotations of environmental stimuli are evaluated spontaneously and with minimal cognitive processing. The activated evaluations influence subsequent emotional and cognitive processes. Featuring original contributions from leading researchers active in this area, this book reviews and integrates the most recent research and theories... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2007; US$ 59.99
1. The Problem of Feelings. 2. Emotional Expressions. 3. Postures, Gaze, and Action. 4. Autonomic Arousal and Emotional Feeling. 5. Theoretical Summary on Emotion. 6. Non-Emotional Feelings: Confidence, Pride and Self-Esteem. 7. Motivation and Hunger. 8. Cognitive Feelings, of Knowing, Familiarity and Tip of the Tongue. 9. Attitudes and Cognitive Dissonance.... more...
- Oxford University Press 2008; US$ 34.99
Dan Haybron presents an illuminating examination of well-being, drawing on important recent work in the science of happiness. He shows that we are remarkably prone to error in judgements of our own personal welfare, and suggests that we should rethink traditional assumptions about the good life and the good society. - ;The pursuit of happiness is a... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2004; US$ 22.99
1. Introduction: Piecing Passions Apart. 2. Feeling Without Thinking. 3. Embodied Appraisals. 4. Basic Emotions and Nature. 5. Emotions and Nature. 6. Emotions and Nurture. 7. Valence. 8. A Typology of Affective States. 9. Emotional Consciousness. 10. Is Getting Mad Like Seeing Red?. Coda: Parting Ways. References. Index more...
- Springer Publishing Company 2008; US$ 199.00
"...brilliant..."-- Malcolm Gladwell , Author of Blink. Tomkins's magnum opus, Affect Imagery Consciousness , was published by Springer Publishing Company in four volumes over 30 years. When Tomkins began writing the book in the 1950's, American psychology was dominated by psychoanalytic and behaviorist theories--neither of which... more...