The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- World Health Organization 2007; US$ 40.00
Based on the experience of many countries in the WHO European Region and the advice of experts, this guide outlines some of the steps prison systems should take to reduce the public health risks from compulsory detention in often unhealthy situations, to care for prisoners in need and to promote the health of prisoners and prison staff. This requires... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2008; US$ 40.95
This book provides the busy teacher with all the information they need to make social inclusion a reality within schools. By demonstrating how teachers and schools must work together to promote the wider welfare of all children, the book focuses particularly on the welfare of children on the margins of society who need the most protection. It... more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2007; US$ 46.00
How have different criminal justice agencies responded to the modernization process? What forms does modernization take? This book theorizes modernization in the context of criminal justice. It is suitable for those concerned with the administration of criminal justice at both a policy and managerial level. more...
- University of Minnesota Press 1954; US$ 67.50
Much has been written and published about the pressing problems of prison reform, but this book differs from most of the others because it goes more deeply to the heart of the question. The author speaks with the authority of years of experience in the corrections field, yet his analysis and proposals are not only those of an outstanding professional... more...
- International Labour Office 2005; US$ 5.00
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers 2008; US$ 72.00
The Integrated Children's System (ICS) was developed to support effective practice with children and families and improve decision making and planning for children in need. This book outlines what the ICS is and how it works, and assesses the effectiveness of a number of pilot studies, offering guidance for others using and implementing the system. more...
- Infobase Publishing 2008; US$ 26.34
- What they do--describes typical responsibilities, working conditions, and more - Education and training--explains how to prepare for a career and whether or not apprenticeships, internships, and degree or licensing requirements are necessary - Earnings--offers general information on average salary ranges and fringe benefits - Outlook--forecasts the... more...
- Springer New York 2007; US$ 69.99
Crime prevention should be rational and should be based on the best possible evidence. Decision-makers should weigh heavily any available evidence on what works best. How can a program that has produced no discernable evidence of effectiveness, as shown through numerous evaluations, be considered for implementation? Unfortunately, this happens all... more...