The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,725,826 members ⚫ 1,209,635 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers 2008; US$ 72.00
The Integrated Children's System (ICS) was developed to support effective practice with children and families and improve decision making and planning for children in need. This book outlines what the ICS is and how it works, and assesses the effectiveness of a number of pilot studies, offering guidance for others using and implementing the system. more...
- International Labour Office 2005; US$ 5.00
- Infobase Publishing 2008; US$ 26.34
- What they do--describes typical responsibilities, working conditions, and more - Education and training--explains how to prepare for a career and whether or not apprenticeships, internships, and degree or licensing requirements are necessary - Earnings--offers general information on average salary ranges and fringe benefits - Outlook--forecasts the... more...
- Springer New York 2007; US$ 70.83
Crime prevention should be rational and should be based on the best possible evidence. Decision-makers should weigh heavily any available evidence on what works best. How can a program that has produced no discernable evidence of effectiveness, as shown through numerous evaluations, be considered for implementation? Unfortunately, this happens all... more...
- Amsterdam University Press 2003; US$ 14.00
De aanslagen in New York, Washington, D.C. en Pennsylvania op 11 september 2001 hebben ook voor Europa grote gevolgen gehad. In veel landen - waaronder Nederland - zijn in ijltempo VN-verdragen tot bestrijding van terrorisme geratificeerd en in de Europese Unie is een kaderbesluit van die strekking tot stand gebracht. Hierin heeft de leerstoelgroep... more...
- Princeton University Press 2009; US$ 46.00 US$ 41.86
Has contemporary liberalism's devotion to individual liberty come at the expense of our society's obligations to children? Divorce is now easy to obtain, and access to everything from violent movies to sexually explicit material is zealously protected as freedom of speech. But what of the effects on the young, with their special needs and vulnerabilities?... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 49.95
This book explores the theoretical and empirical dimensions of community crime prevention in China, examining in particular the role of social capital in a rapidly modernizing economic, social and political context. In doing so it provides a vivid picture of contemporary crime and crime control in China as well as analyzing the very particular Chinese... more...
- Oxford University Press 2009; US$ 82.99
This book features longitudinal findings from the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-Being, a landmark study of children's experiences in the child welfare system. Perspectives are offered from researchers representing multiple disciplines and using diverse and sophisticated analytic approaches. more...