The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- McGraw-Hill Education 2001; US$ 10.95
* Format will be streamlined and updated for a contemporary look and feel * Each book will extract the aboslute essence of the subject, presenting it in concise and readily understandable form, emphasizing clarity and brevity * Graphic elements like sidebars, reader-alert icons, and boxed highlights will feature selected points from the text, highlighting... more...
- St. Martin's Press 2014; US$ 18.99
Each year thousands of fiction writers, from beginners to bestselling author, benefit from Sol Stein's sold-out workshops, featured appearances at writers' conferences, software for writers, on-line columns, and his popular first book for writers, Stein on Writing . Stein practices what he teaches: He is the author of nine novels, including the million-copy... more...
- Hodder & Stoughton 2012; Not Available
Written by one of the country's leading experts on the short story, Write Short Stories - And Get Them Published is ideal if you want to write creatively in a genre that is increasingly attracting attention from publishers, and which offers plenty of competition and festival opportunities for you to showcase your work. It will help unlock your imagination... more...
- St. Martin's Press 2003; US$ 19.99
Whether you're just starting out, considering going full-time, or are already a successful freelance writer, you'll find the information and insights needed to take your work to the next level in this smart, thorough guide. Compiled by the prestigious American Society of Journalists and Authors, the book's twenty-six chapters cover the business from... more...
- Graywolf Press 2013; US$ 11.99
Charles Baxter inaugurates The Art of , a new series on the craft of writing, with the wit and intelligence he brought to his celebrated book Burning Down the House: Essays on Fiction . Fiction writer and essayist Charles Baxter's The Art of Subtext: Beyond Plot discusses and illustrates the hidden subtextual overtones and undertones in fictional... more...
- St. Martin's Press 2013; US$ 19.99
* What is Chick Lit exactly? * How do I write a Chick Lit novel? * What are the steps I need to take to get published? Once dismissed as a fad by the popular press and literary community, the women's fiction genre called Chick Lit is now one of the hottest growing markets for new writers. In Will Write for Shoes, veteran Chick Lit and romance... more...
- St. Martin's Press 2013; US$ 18.99
At last, help for writers who can admit they have a problem. Do you get a lift by dangling a participle? Has your punctuation ever caused difficulties at home or at work? Do you consider yourself just a "social misspeller?" These are just a few of the warning signs that you might have an addiction to bad writing. But fear not. This practical guide... more...