The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- McGraw-Hill Education 2007; US$ 46.00
What does contemporary criminological theory look like? What impact, if any, does it have on policy? Part of the "Crime and Justice" series, this book examines the development of criminological theory, with detailed analysis of the relationship between criminological theorizing, criminal justice, social justice, and politics. more...
- McGraw-Hill Education 2007; US$ 44.00
How do criminologists go about studying crime and its consequences? Research on crime and criminality is often referred to by the media, policy makers and practitioners, but where does this research come from and how reliable is it? This book covers various topics that you may encounter when researching crime. more...
- De Gruyter 2009; US$ 307.00
x The second volume considers the particular problems of criminology and is divided into seven sections. Section 1 examines international problems. Political and community problems are dealt with in the second section. This is followed by social and personal issues as well as theory and method problems. The fifth section focuses on issues of violence.... more...
- Infobase Publishing 2009; US$ 54.00
The term 'genocide' was coined in 1944, but it has been practiced for centuries. The intent of one people to deliberately wipe out another can be traced back to the ancient world, and it continues today despite efforts from the United Nations and international treaties such as the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of... more...
- HarperCollins 2009; US$ 12.99
From the freewheeling rush of hijacking trucks to the brutal race wars that marked his decade-long stint in jail, former Mafia insider Louis Ferrante describes his remarkable journey from rising mobster to federal prison inmate to full-time writer. As Louis Ferrante tells it, the bottom line was money?and his word was good. During his teenage years,... more...
- SAGE Publications 2006; US$ 31.00
- Professor Kevin Stenson, Middlesex University This book offers a timely introduction both to the discipline of criminology and to the practice of studying it as an undergraduate subject. It takes the reader from first principles in Criminology through to some quite complex ideas and debates. It also offers useful advice on how to... more...
- Les Presses de l'Université d'Ottawa 2001; US$ 9.99
La violence et la peur font tellement partie de nos vies que, parfois, elles se confondent avec elles. Elles s?insinuent aussi bien dans le social que dans l?individuel et déterminent l?histoire de l?un et de l?autre. Le crime, quant à lui, semble d?être devenu un acte privilégié non seulement pour dire la violence, mais aussi pour vivre la peur.... more...